Bushwomen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Even on BB there are a fair number of females, you can add Tiffers and me to your list as well.

cheers,
Toddy.......who thoroughly enjoys being female, likes tools, making things, being capable..... ;) :D

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
What do you think the male to female ratio of hardcore bushcrafters is?

I'm thinking maybe 50 to 1

I guess it depends define hardcore. If it's as comfy westerners doing it for short stints, or those that live like it globally for long periods. If the later case I'd think I'd guess closer to 1:1

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
"You all heerd about us 'mountin men'?
We all lurves mountin wummin/mountin goats"
Ole Tumbleweed....not!:D

There is considerable scope for a few jokes and general courseness in that statement John. Mountin wummin and mountin Goats eh ? And most disturbingly mountin men.
I will however refrain as it's a family site and I'll get banned.:D

P

PIDDOCK

Not sadly at all. There's nowt more sexy than a big strong girl wielding an axe. Hair tied back, grubby hands, chest sticking out and a big grin on her face because she's happy. Brilliant!

Eric

Dont get me wrong Eric I can see the advantages of a shire horse as well but it doesnt mean I would not still rather ride a race horse.

Besides why cant a pretty girl who looks after herself weild an axe as well as a hefter??

Viv la difference I say, any lady will brighten up a campfire, its part of the female Magik.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Most of the women I meet are just to busy to sit on the internet all day to discuss thier hobbies, or are put off this site by other factors
I'm curious as to what those factors are, in your opinion.

In my opinion factors that put women off this site are,
1) there is a lack of other women,
2) there many too many blokes talking about clothes, and other vacant things.
3) the odd pillock that sits in an armchair all day and thinks it realistic for women to look like glamour models while chopping wood.

This is not blaming any one. Half the problem is the prejudices we form before we know BCUK and the individuals behind the user names. I know before I when to my first NW meet I was convinced I would be the only female, the only one bring children, the only one with an interest foraging, and only one not green camo, in a hammock/bivvy, or in the army. I felt this because of the way forums work those that post the most have the greatest voice, so with hobby like this the armchair experts that can sit there all day gassing about what they can buy seem more numerous than those that have a life and have spent time acquiring real skills. I had to go to meets to realise that there is others, that include the rest of their family in their skills, and aren't obsessed with boasting about expensive kit.

This is just my opinion.
Piddock just for reference I am a 280lb body builder with a mustache who never shaves her legs.:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE