Bushwackers "Instinct" Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
a while ago Avid bushcrafter Mr Bushwacker designed a knife that would surely change the way we see bushcraft tools forever, a real leap into 21st century bushcraft, whilst designing it he summoned the power of the bushcraft gods and created what could very possibly be the benchmark for all future bushcraft knives.

the original design can be found here http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/Bushwhacker78/Concept.jpg

Anyway, after talking with the designer and months of hard work, the INSTINCT BUSHCRAFT KNIFE is finaly finished, lets take a look.

scotland061.jpg

bushwacker decided that the best steel to go for was a special steel known as turbotasticX, which is more commonly known as mild steel. so after weeks of constant grinding here is the finished blank, complete with that all essential spaghetti measuring hole.

scotland060.jpg

As you can see in this picture, the blank is being professionaly heat treated to the highest standard.

scotland062.jpg

for the handle we decided that it was best to go for a natural/synthetic material to maximise performance, So we went for leaves and sticky tape.

scotland063.jpg

the next task was to empower the knife with the essence of bushcraft, so we stuck a picktur of RAY on it :)

scotland064.jpg

every good knife needs a sheath, and natural materials are both hard wearing and durable, the odvious answer to this was to use a bannana, which is also edible should you get hungry when out bushcrafting.

scotland065.jpg

lastly i wanted to test the knife out, look how well the knife carved these feathersticks :eek:

scotland067.jpg

so thats it, the INSTINCT BUSHRAFT KNIFE, i will now provide some specs:

blade length: long
handle length: not so long
steel: turbotasticX
blade thickness: very thin
sheath: modular bannana sheath system
handle material: leaves and stickytape high performance compound.

i hope everyone likes it

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I was there at the conception and I have now witnessed the birth.
The blade itself is totally bio-degradable so will rust away to nothing and will do no harm to the environment, the handle can be used many times over.
How much do I owe you Josh?

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
I was there at the conception and I have now witnessed the birth.
The blade itself is totally bio-degradable so will rust away to nothing and will do no harm to the environment, the handle can be used many times over.
How much do I owe you Josh?

i cannot put a price on this knife as it is far too mighty, all i can ask for in return is to see it being used time and time again.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Interesting design. I have just one question, well, maybe two: is Ray's picture made with 100% waterproof paper, and is it as durable as the handle?

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Now thats a true bushcraft knife.... now can anyone tell me how to get tea off the monitor and keyboard!!!!! I seem to have had an accident while reading LOL

Didn't Mummy tell you - don't splutter with your mouth full and to get the keyboard you must have dribbled as well.

udamiano

On a new journey
Didn't Mummy tell you - don't splutter with your mouth full and to get the keyboard you must have dribbled as well.

I think the word you are looking for is 'Exploded' LOL
On an upside it seems Macs are more resistant to tea than the average PC, not tried coffee or whiskey yet though.

It was the empowering the knife with 'bushcraftyness' via a picture of Mr. Mears that did it for me LOL

Made my day thought !!!

Wel done Josh

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Was you inspired by. The Tom Brownie twacka ? Good Health.........I nearly swallowed my plug o bacco at the awesomeness

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE