Bushmoot Kit List

• Thread starter Deleted member 4605
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4605

With the Bushmoot just around the corner, I'm starting to think about my kit list.

There's a whole lot of duplicate stuff as some I will be lending/sharing with my friend, and others I'll be taking the chance to experiment with. All the non-essential stuff will be left in the car.

Here's my list so far:

Shelter
  • Tarp x 2 (DD Tarp 1 for me, basha for my friend)
  • Hammock (DD Travel Hammock)
  • Self-inflating mat
  • Sleeping bag + liner
  • Fleece bedroll (got this from Aldi ages ago - a fleece blanket that zips up to form a sleeping bag, and rolls up (with straps) for storage) - will replace the sleeping bag on warmer nights and supplement it on cooler ones
  • 2 man tent (left in the car as a backup)
Clothing (besides the everyday clothing)
  • German Army Poncho
  • Waterproof trousers
  • Gaiters
  • Boots
  • Hat (of course!)
  • My 'bushcraft' jacket
Sharps
  • Mora
  • SAKs
  • Axe
  • Folding Saw (x2)
  • £5 sharpening kit
  • Spoon Knife
Cooking
  • Firelighting kit
  • Trangia 27 + fuel
  • Pocket Cooker (folding wood burner)
  • Hobo Stove (if I get it made by then)
Other Stuff
  • FAK
  • Wash kit
  • Lots and lots of paracord
  • Various books (both for reading and information)
  • Various torches
  • Folding stool
  • Netting hammock (for lazing around or stowing gear)
Am I missing anything obvious?

What are you taking?

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I'd add a change of socks and pants ... maybe :D

Neh, looks like you'll be fine with that lot, just remember to bring your good self too :D

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
candles, and or night lights, the party won't stop when the nights gets dark. and head torches are so "in your face"
lots of beer, and or food
Insect Repellent, as you never know if you are the one they have been waiting for.
Paracetamol/brufen
Pot cleaning kit, washing up liquid.
Extra mug/glass for guests
Leather fire gloves
Stuff to swap
Plastic bags (to keep your kit dry) and to clean up after you.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
excellent list, i was wondering what i needed, but then the loot sold out. Atleast i will know what i will need for the next one :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
No need for washing up liquid if you are having a fire. As Wayland posted a long time back, popping some ash from the fire into your pot with some water and heating it up gives you warm water with grit to scour and the fat and alkaline combine to form a rudimentary soap. Dump the water at the edge of your fire so that you aren't putting the fire out and the muck is contained in an area that has already got detritus that eventually needs cleaning up, and then rinse dumping that water away from the water source. As long as you don't leave puddles of dead water everywhere that will attract flies and gnats, etc. then everything will be OK. And your pots feel somehow cleaner then when you use washing liquid. Give it a go, it really does work.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
My Kit List.
Hammock setup (hammock, underblanket, quilt, insect net, tapes, all in dry bag)
Tarp, (Hex fly or Decathlon 3x3)
Ebay multifuel stove,
Fuel,
14cm billy
Frying pan
KFS, folding chopsticks
eating bowl,
Folding saw,
GB SFA
Lekku,
Pukko
Folding knife
Folding trowel
MiTi Mug+lid
Kuska
First aid kit
Mini folding table.
Wash kit,
few set of changes of clothes,
head torch,
candle lantern
spare candles

And a few odds and ends that will no doubt find their way into my kit.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm gonna try and get everything into one bag! The thing is, I take more to moots than I would if I was out doing my own thing as there are other things to do at moots and no need to be as mobile. I'd like to sleep in blamkets by a fire for the whole time, but don't know if I can gather enough wood. Getting what I did at the weekend almost killed me! I don't want to rid the woodland down there of dead wood and I'd suggest that nobody else does either, 200+ people could have a bad impact on the area if we all did that.

So I may end up taking my Hex as well, so that I can stow my kit and retreat to the tent at night if I eventually run out of wood. Change of clothes or two, gaiters in case it turns squishy and squelchy! Poncho for the same, hat of course and a Swanni for the evening when it gets a bit cooler. Food, booze and meds, that should cover it! :D

Gailainne

Life Member

And a really big rucksac? :rolleyes:

Rat

This from the guy who needed a trolley to move his and Spams stuff at the last Delamere meet I was at :swordfigh :D

Spam
but don't know if I can gather enough wood.
Seriously, the amount of dead wood, has to be seen to be believed, last year we had a decent fire every night (half oil drum) and didnt make a dent in what was immediately to hand, far less foraging for the stuff.

Stephen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE