Bushmoot 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
But the 5th August is our 2nd wedding anniversary... that won't go down well!
You could always come down a few days early and hang around with us lot and get back home for the 5th..... it would be great if you could make it for a day or two.

Ed

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
seriously looing forward to this, had an absolute year from hell (wife got cancer then family bereavements) so missed this years one (barely been out at all this year). Next year's gonna be a whole lot better.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
seriously looing forward to this, had an absolute year from hell (wife got cancer then family bereavements) so missed this years one (barely been out at all this year). Next year's gonna be a whole lot better.

Sorry to hear about that. I hope the coming year is a better on for you. Hopefully I will make this moot aswell, God knows I've been wanting to get to one for a few years now, but I was over in Germany, and this year i had the transition to civilian life to make, so I just couldn't get the time off work to go. I will go this coming year though!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Any 'Stars' coming in 08 like Mors? If so, me and Luke will be there:)

I should have said, i know in my head and some other people know.

YES, we're flying Mors over again to spend some time with us at the Moot and a few other things. It was great having him last year and I'm really looking forward to having him next year:D

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I'm hoping to come along as well, but I will have to see how the year goes before committing myself. I really really want to come though, I missed the last one, I found this site too late to organise anything :(

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
Were there many women last time/planning to go next year? Mrs M would like to go, but is a bit concerned about being the only woman amoungst a wood full of beardy blokes.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I'm hoping to come along as well, but I will have to see how the year goes before committing myself. I really really want to come though, I missed the last one, I found this site too late to organise anything :(

The thing I have found about the moot is, you don’t have to stay the whole five days, even if you only make it for a day or two, you'll learn so much more in those two days than you would on a "proper" course costing five times as much. Ok a hundred, hundred and ten miles is a long way to drive for a day, but come down Friday night and back Sunday evening.
It is an amazing thing to be hold normal people just sharing their knowledge their insight freely and without hesitation. Moreover, the more formal lessons are a real joy, even standing by and watching watch. (I’m hoping to get my bad back sorted for once and for all) my daughter is as proud of her walking stick she made with Tony’s guidance as anything she owns, even things that she has paid for with her own hard saved up money.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Were there many women last time/planning to go next year? Mrs M would like to go, but is a bit concerned about being the only woman amoungst a wood full of beardy blokes.
Many people bring their whole familes ... so yes... it has a very friendly community atmosphere with everyone welcome, so she wont be on her own.

Ed

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol

my wife will be coming next year as will my daughter (again). There were quite a lot of ladies there last year, and dozens and dozens of kids. :rolleyes: some under the age of voting

Sep 27, 2007
Can anyone tell me more about these Moots?
New to bushcraft. I gotta hole load of kit and keen to learn - done a course but still amateur.
Live on Norwich area.
Can anyone help.
Please contact madbadandoutofcontrol@yahoo.co.uk
Messages collected Thursdays pm and/or Saturdays am

Many thanks

Mad Mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE