Bushmen of the Kalahari are back in court this week....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I saw this in The Guardian today and thought some others might be interested:

TheGuardian said:
Bushwhacked
The Bushmen of the Kalahari are back in court this week in Botswana, fighting their government for their very survival. If they lose the case, they will not be allowed to live or hunt on the land that they have inhabited without damage for thousands of years, even though mining companies and tourists are allowed in. As if that were not bad enough, they also stand to be disenfranchised. The Botswanan government is now pushing a bill through parliament to remove Bushmen protection from the constitution. The clause to be scrapped forms the central plank of the Bushmen's case in the court. Spokesman Roy Sesana is distraught: "This government is a hyena hunting us - they want to chase us until we collapse and die. We don't know if there is such a thing as justice in Botswana. Maybe the court will tell."
www.survival-international.org

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
There is a classic film of Bushmen hunting a giraffe that is de riguer for anthropology classes. My prof at the time gave us a ( then) sad update. The Bushmen were used as trackers in South Africa's counter insurgency against it's marxist nieghbors while the culture was being destroyed. It's ironic, I just sold my SMLE at a handsome profit to an unreconstructed Boer here in California. Stew/Neil, $200 USD will be in the mail tommorow ;)

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
Chris,
I have posted elsewhere in this forum...but I served alongside those fine MEN.
I kept contact when I left the Military, but time erases memories.
Most of the men I knew, are now dead, or in jail, or alcoholics...
Another time...another place....

Mutley

Forager
May 6, 2005
Shame to completly ban survival, maybe restrictions on animals etc' but not the whole thing. :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE