Bushlite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I like the Bushlite reflector - it makes a lot better use of available light. The mosquito pad thing is OK but not massively effective.

I have actually found it difficult to find the right sized candles but I've just whittled other candles until they fit. :rolleyes:

cheapeats

Forager
Feb 20, 2008
New England
I have a couple of the fireflys and have had them for almost two years, if you already have a nalgene type bottle they make a nice backup lamp/tent lamp I have found that they are a little lacking for use as a lamp while cooking. The color of the bottle also makes a huge difference in my personal usage the light blue bottle seemed the brightest with the black, red and dark green bottles being the worst. One thing you should keep in mind is nalgene is dropping the polycarbonate bottles and some stores in the US and Canada are pulling baby bottles and stuff made of polycarbonate off their shelfs. It appears as if one of the chemicals is similar to estrogen.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I have to admit I always fancied one of these,

. . . .
45k1637s3.jpg

45k1637s2.jpg

I love the design but they are a bit heavy. :rolleyes:

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
I have to admit I always fancied one of these

Good heavens, I didn't realise that the Stonebridge was still around. It's mentioned in Kephart (and by many contemporaries) as being available in aluminium and steel, with a "new" automatic version in brass, but I've never bothered searching for one. Oh dear... there goes the savings plan... :D

Edited to add: This current brass version appears to made in India. Originals, in other materials, show up with a quick eBay search.

groundhog

May 25, 2005
Manchester
Asda have a push and night light in the travel gadgets section which is a 3 led push centre to turn on device. I used one in a Vaude Hogan 2 man tent on Skye about a month ago and was well chuffed. It has a clear and opaque plastic centre which you can interchange and gave plenty of light. I used some velcro hook and loop pads to fix it to the inside of the innersheet and found it much more user friendly than my Uco candle lantern which I headbutt and spill the wax on a regular basis. Costs a few quid and is basically foolproof until the 3 AAA batteries give out.

Feb 21, 2010
exeter
Hi, does anyone know of a place that sells the candle light, i was after one that took normal candles, but none of the links that have been posted are working.
Cheers,
floppy

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
www.attacc.com

in the shop under bushcraft, failing that i bought a Uco Mini Candle Lantern a while back worked OK but got rather hot

but I guess it would....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE