bushcraft wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Is there a limit on amount of people. It looks like there are quite a few from outside wales looking at making it down...... it'll be good to meet you all :)

Ed

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Wenie said:
Is this place easy to get to by public transport...? :confused:
You'll need to catch the 7.58 Valley Lines train from Fernhill to Cardiff Central, then change to the First Western train to Carmarthen. This should arrive around 10.50am. Then you can catch the 460 or 461 bus from Carmarthen to Cardigan. This will take another hour and a half. Ed reckons there's a local bus from Cardigan to Plwmp, but I haven't been able to find confirmation of this. However, as Ed doesn't have a driving licence or a bicycle, I'll bow to his superior knowledge of the public transport system.

By the time you've bought seperate return tickets from each of these deregulated companies I doubt if you'll have much change from fifty quid.

If you leave the house at seven thirty, you should arrive at the moot by about three o'clock in the afternoon. There are less trains and buses on Sundays, so the return trip will take a lot longer.

Anyone else in despair over the state of our public transport system?

No wonder we all insist on driving everywhere, no matter how much tax we have to pay for the priviledge of destroying the environment. :soapbox:

Wenie

Forager
Aug 4, 2005
S. Wales valleys
havingagiraffe said:
You'll need to catch the 7.58 Valley Lines train from Fernhill to Cardiff Central, then change to the First Western train to Carmarthen. This should arrive around 10.50am. Then you can catch the 460 or 461 bus from Carmarthen to Cardigan. This will take another hour and a half. Ed reckons there's a local bus from Cardigan to Plwmp, but I haven't been able to find confirmation of this. However, as Ed doesn't have a driving licence or a bicycle, I'll bow to his superior knowledge of the public transport system.

By the time you've bought seperate return tickets from each of these deregulated companies I doubt if you'll have much change from fifty quid.

If you leave the house at seven thirty, you should arrive at the moot by about three o'clock in the afternoon. There are less trains and buses on Sundays, so the return trip will take a lot longer.

Anyone else in despair over the state of our public transport system?

No wonder we all insist on driving everywhere, no matter how much tax we have to pay for the priviledge of destroying the environment. :soapbox:

:yikes: Dude, were you really bored or something...? :p It'd probably be even more expensive than £50 as it'd be during term time, so I'd be coming all the way from Reading... So I vote you give me a lift! :drive:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
If people give me a bit of petrol money I'll pick them up from Carmarthen, I'd be able to get about 8 people in. it'll be quicker and cheaper than getting the train and then the bus.

I expect Stuart will come over as well so he might be able to bring one or two

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Wenie said:
:yikes: Dude, were you really bored or something...? :p It'd probably be even more expensive than £50 as it'd be during term time, so I'd be coming all the way from Reading... So I vote you give me a lift! :drive:

:offtopic: Dude, I've researched a custom made timetable which even you can understand, and you're still hassling me for a lift. :swordfigh I know that Ed, Dean, Ian, Dai, cgait, KT and Karen don't have a driving licence between them, so perhaps you should see if Cwmaman Institute will run a bus to the moot. :thinkerg: Or better still, tell Els to stick a mattress under the Ifor Williams canopy on his Hi Lux so he can take the entire Cwmaman bushcraft massive to the moot in comfort. Of course, that's assuming he manages to get the thing to start with duff glowplugs - I told him to buy a proper truck like mine. :buttkick: :nana: :D
i796d3.jpg

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
so perhaps you should see if Cwmaman Institute will run a bus to the moot
Not a chance.... oh and by the way, just before the confusion starts, this is just a local meetup I believe, not a full on BCUK moot....you'll have to wait for the spring and summer for the bushmoots. It'll be good to get together for a relaxing weekend though.

:)
Ed

Wenie

Forager
Aug 4, 2005
S. Wales valleys
Tony said:
If people give me a bit of petrol money I'll pick them up from Carmarthen, I'd be able to get about 8 people in. it'll be quicker and cheaper than getting the train and then the bus.
Generous offer, Tony. :You_Rock_ I'll be bearing it in mind if I don't manage to get a lift out of havingagiraffe...

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
I'm comming from blackwood just south of Tredegar and willing to pick up anyone who wants a lift
Wenie, Where do you want a lift from?

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Ed said:
Not a chance.... oh and by the way, just before the confusion starts, this is just a local meetup I believe, not a full on BCUK moot....you'll have to wait for the spring and summer for the bushmoots. It'll be good to get together for a relaxing weekend though.

Ed

Thanks for clarifying the difference between a meet and a moot. :deal: :You_Rock_

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Ed said:

Ed

Can someone, probably Ed, please clarify whether this meet is an open invitation or is it meant to be a 'Local' only affair. I have registered interest previously and do not want to upset people if its is just a 'Local' meet.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Its open to everyone, alot of people travel a fair distance to attend other local meetups and I see no reason why this one should not be the same.... (as long as there is space in the field I guess)... If you are willing to travel you are more than welcome :D ....

I was just pointing out that this was not a moot with organised activities like the others. This is more of a social gathering where we can chat, swap skills, oogle over peoples flash kit and have some fun.

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE