Bushcraft/Survival TV show-Help.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

UltimateSurvivor

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2010
Richmond North Yorkshire.
Evening guys,

I've been sat here trying to remember the name of a chaps show that i've been meaning to look up after hearing about it. Unfortunately i've completely forgotten his name!

It's based around the Les Stroud type survival programmes but i believe he's ex US-SF. The name Dave comes to mind but that may be completely wrong..:confused:

Any idea's? have any of his shows been aired yet?

Regards.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Dave Canterbury?

He was in a show on the Discovery channel and i believe he's spent some time in the US military...

Dual Survival along with Cody Lundin..

UltimateSurvivor

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2010
Richmond North Yorkshire.
Yep, That's the guy Johnboy!

Thanks alot for that, it was driving me insane.

The wife has several lady friends over this evening and i'm trying to entertain myself. I'll have a look see if any of his shows are online.

If anyone has any more suggestions get them in here! I've got a long night ahead of me:(

Regards.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
He's got a show with Cody Lundin called Dual Survival on Discovery.

Man Woman Wild is also entertaining. I assume you know Man vs. Wild and not mention it here :D

Beyond Survival by Les Stroud is also pretty good.

However, availability on the tube has recently taken a hit as apparently Discovery Channel has started to claim copyright. So most of the shows have been taken down. :(

Thecarotidpulse

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 23, 2009
Ottawa Canada
However, availability on the tube has recently taken a hit as apparently Discovery Channel has started to claim copyright. So most of the shows have been taken down. :(

There is a catch... Apparently when YT blocks the videos they don't remove them right away... You can still watch the actual videos on blackberry or a type of player that doesn't actually visit the site, but streams the video directly.

Pity too that Discovery hasn't posted much of their episodes online on their website like the other networks...

Anyway for entertainment here's a few I really enjoyed.
On Youtube Dave Cantebury's Pre discovery videos. Very "survival" oriented and less bushcraft...tilts a little toward the military side of the equation.

Les Stroud made a series called "survive this" which was aired the the Toon network here (kids show) essentially featured a group of 12 some teenagers that are placed in a given situation and expected to... survive. Voluntary drop out is fuelled by group dynamics, personnal comfort level and the ability to cope with the situation.
Challenges offer real world appropriate rewards... Unlike survivor where they practically hand you a blow torch if you win the fire challenge here if you win you might get a bag of food.... Say some nettle leaves, some sorel, some mushrooms...and a snake if I recall.

Beyond surival is awesome ! Love the stick fisherman people....
there was a post on another forum about how long you could bear to sit in a tree stand.... now imagine what these guys do!
I wonder what they think about to pass the time...

on the Tube there is are 2 clips of an interview with mors kochanski from 1975!!

Have fun.... good luck keeping busy!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE