Bushcraft Stores in London?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bush_Man

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2010
Portugal
So I'm going to London at the end of July because I won with some of my friends a debate contest organized by a national newspaper from Portugal. My schedule is a bit tight so I'm afraid I can't leave for a day or two that city to see a bit of the british countryside but I'm thinking about buying some kit if London has a good bushcraft/survival store.

Anyone can help me on this?:rolleyes:

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Hello Bush Man,

I dont know of any Bushcraft stores in the heart of London, I guess its not really the ideal environment for them but I do know of one on the outskirts call "The Bushcraft Store", they are in Enfield which is North London / Hertfordshire borders. As a shop its fine (a fair bit oof army surplas) but not sure its worth a long journey from central London with (im assuming) limited transport or on a tight timescale. If your still interested in visiting them I will look up their contact info for you (you should be able to find their website from the above name anyway).

I hope this helps.

Regards, Jon.

Last edited:

Bush_Man

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2010
Portugal
I know them and ordered some things from there and liked the service but I saw that takes about 30 kilometers to get there from the center of London...So I think it's on the bottom of my list for now... Can I get there by subway or bus?

And I know london is the least probable place to find a bushcraft store in England but I guess it's always worth trying...

Thanks for the help.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I know them and ordered some things from there and liked the service but I saw that takes about 30 kilometers to get there from the center of London...So I think it's on the bottom of my list for now... Can I get there by subway or bus?

Crews Hill railway station just up the road from the Bushcraft Store less than 30 mins from Kings Cross - if thats of help to you?

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Ranger in Surbiton is pretty good too! A short walk from Surbiton station. 10 Central Parade
Surbiton, Surrey KT6 4PJ

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
There's always all the "flagship" stores in Covent Garden. They aren't exactly bushcraft but there are loads of them, like North Face, Berghaus, Ellis Brigham, Stanfords, Field and Trek, etc. You'll need deep pockets.

For the Bushcraft Store in Enfield, which isn't far from my place, take the British Rail train to Crews Hill. It's a short walk from there. Full directions are on their website. http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Another +1 for The Bushcraft Store, which is an absolute doddle to get to from Central London by train.

They're two minutes from the station, make a note of the return train times and leave the 'Store a couple of minutes before your train's due, or, even better, allowing time for a visit to the excellent cafe just opposite the 'Store.

Enjoy...

Bush_Man

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2010
Portugal
I now know that I'm staying at Holliday Inn on Old Street, so I'm thinking about getting the train at Old Street train station and make the half hour trip to Crews Hill and visit The Bushcraft Store and buy some thing and then return. I'm counting in total spending 2 or 2 and a half hours on this litlle trip.

Once agains, thank you all for the informations that you gave me!:You_Rock_

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
That's about 5 mins away from where I work, close to Hoxton Square, which is always good for a beer in the evening :)

Small world!

I'm five minutes away by the new East London line extension (which has one of its new stations built above my original workshop!).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE