Bushcraft skills awards for kids.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Boosh

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2007
The New Forest
My two young daughters love bushcraft (luckily for me ;) ) and as with most kids they love getting certificates or awards from school or wherever.

I'd imagine you would get these sort of rewards at clubs such as cubs or brownies etc, but i was thinking about making some basic ones up from home. I'm thinking about individual certificates for various levels of each subject, ie; knife safety, shelter building, firecraft.....all the basics of bushcraft really.

For me the most important one to start off with is knife safety. I've covered much of what i know to keep them safe but would welcome some tips for advising them on when it comes to handling a knife. Then they could get a little certificate when they have achieved this and are let loose on some of daddy's better toys! :D

The little one is sat here whittling away with her new Frosts Clipper and she is well impressed, she's already finding out by her own experience the difference between a good and bad knife.

Does anyone else do this sort of thing with awards?

Thanks for any advice.

Boosh.

Rhianwen

Dec 7, 2005
East riding of Yorkshire
No, but it's a good idea :)

I used to be proud of my armful of badges when I was a girl guide. Maybe there's something like that out there that you could get a hold of so they could display it on their jacket or something like that?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
What a fantastic idea! I think I will do the same for my son who has been goin out with me for the past 2 years. You can make a good certificate using MS Powerpoint.

Great stuff mate!!:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE