Bushcraft Show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bearbait

Just got back after a 5 hour round-trip driving. Seemed a reasonable number of people there. Decent parking (i.e. didn't get stuck in the mud) but about a 1KM hike from there to the site where I could wander about in the mud - although not all the site was bad. The "bush tucker" (as they call it) seemed a cut above that often seen at shows. Wouldn't have thought that there was really enough to keep you there for more than a day out. Lots of knives and axes for your hard-earned.

Interesting enough day out but I felt that the £20 entry I was charged was a bit steep. A tenner would have been more reasonable.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I wasnt going to go but the mrs got an email coupon which allowed two adults and a child in for £20, which I would say was bang on for this event. Would not have liked to pay any more than that though.

mickeyluv

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2010
derbyshire
I went on monday and had a really good time, I bought a hammock and tarp for the missus and a dutch oven for myself plus a few other things so the entrance fee cancelled out what it would of cost to post them to me, as for the mud Ive been to shows which were worse and it wasnt anything sensible footwear didnt deal with.

Bullrover

Jun 23, 2013
North Yorkshire
I spent three nights down there with SHMBO and my 10 year old lad. We were determined not to let the weather spoil the weekend and had a great time, very impressed by the quality of goods being sold on the traders stands, and enjoyed the talks and demos. The last time I saw mud like that was at a Land Rover show and the organisers spread straw on the walkways which solved the problem but obviously cost a few quid.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
I went on Sunday with my youngest one. We got in with Groupon tickets, I don't think I would have gone it I had to pay to normal price.
Mainly went to meet Nick from DD. Had a wonder around to see who else I could see, should have worn my BCUK t-shirt then I might have met some of you guys that were there for the weekend. But I did meet Jed Young again had a chat and he took me and my Daughter on the lake in one of the kayaks whilst his colleges were having their dinner which was very nice of him.
I had to park outside on the road but didn't receive a ticket or anything like that.
The mud was bad, I'm glad I wasn't there on Saturday.
Also I met some very interesting folk who do YouTube videos and had some very interesting conversations....about well stuff :)
My youngest want to camp there next year, Which isn't a bad idea the place was full of folk doing just that. but thats next year so we will have to see.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Had a good weekend there with my boy.

Yes there was mud. Lots of mud. Yes some things could have been done better but it's easy to say that in hindsight.

Was it worth the cost of the weekend tickets... Not so sure about that really. Think I would have almost got as much just going for a day as the weekend. It's an expensive to go and catch up with people.

Its different for everyone though and all depends what you want from it.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE