bushcraft show near Windermere

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I think this has been covered already but that site YMCA doesn't allow dogs any other time either.
It's a shame for the doglovers but lots of shows don't allow them nowadays.I was told that it made
the public liability insurance easier to get and therefore cheaper but not sure if that is the case.
Cheers , Simon

joe o

Feb 14, 2011
Wiltshire
Hi Lisa,

You're absolutely right - we'll be busy as busy things. Looking at the timetable there's a wide variety of demo's and activities and it's pretty continuous. Should be a good buzz.

Looking forward to seeing you and Ben again. Definitely up for a night at yours. Glenn and Antony will be there too so could get a bit silly...

Cheers

Joe
www.wilderness-survival.co.uk

lisa

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2003
Lake District
Look forward to it Joe :)...

As for the dog thing, yeah its a shame but as plastic ninja says, the YMCA have kids groups using the place for outdoor activities all year so the last thing they need is dog poo everywhere. I guess its different for festivals and shows that use a field once a year, but this is a very busy spot!

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I'm hoping to make this show, I'll know for definite closer to the time.

Does anyone know if it's possible to camp over for just one night? I can't get away from other responsibilities for three nights.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
It doesn't look like you will get a discount for a one nighter.
You might be better camping somewhere locally (maybe wildcamp) and pay for day tickets at £20.

We booked a while ago now but haven't had any paperwork through yet.Anyone else got any?
Simon

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
It doesn't look like you will get a discount for a one nighter.
You might be better camping somewhere locally (maybe wildcamp) and pay for day tickets at £20.

We booked a while ago now but haven't had any paperwork through yet.Anyone else got any?
Simon

I've managed to wangle an extra night's pass out so I'm going Friday evening to Sunday morning. That's a bit more bang for my buck so I'm happy to pay for the full ticket.

There is a timetable of events on the website now, seems to be plenty going on. I'd booked myself on the Shadowhawk tracking course before I'd checked the new timetable out. Course start time: Dawn! In June that's about 4 in the morning isn't it? I'll be one very drowsy hungover tracker!

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I'll keep an eye out for you Simon, that is if I can keep my eyes open. My companion for the weekend is forging an axe with the Granfors team at 11.30am so I think that will be a good oppurtunity for a snooze in the hammock :)

Sean

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I've booked to do an axe too on Sunday.Hoping they will let my son help.
I already have a wildlife Gb axe so we'll have to make it a little different somehow if that is what we're forging.
Maybe we'll be able to meet up with a few folks from this forum.
Cheers , Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE