bushcraft show near Windermere

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I spotted this earlier in the year and as I happen to be off that weekend, I was actually quite interested.

I thought I'd wait a while, for more information to be made available; for example on whether I can take my canoe, light a fire, gather materials etc etc but nothing or at least very little extra seems to have been added.:confused:

Sadly, there is far too little information available on this event for my liking.
There is nothing to tell you what you actually get ( other than 3 nights camping, "bushcraft activities":confused: and entry to the "show party") for your £70 for a start.

There is what looks like a reasonable list of what's going on but there are no details about how it all works.

Do you have to book certain skills sets?, is it a free for all, first come first served? how many ( if any!) of the items on the list are included in your £70?

Statements like:
We are just working on the changes to the website, the new site with more features will be launched next week.
Which were made 2 weeks ago, don't really instil much confidence.

The website does not appear to have been updated since maybe August? at least, looking at the "early bird" discount note.

I don't know if you get more information once you have paid your fee but I certainly would not cough up any money at all, till I'd seen the t's & c's

Sorry to be so negative but just going off the website,( and after all; that's all we can go off!) it just looks a bit "makey do" to me at the moment:(

I agree; it's nice to see someone trying to make a go of an event that is within range, for the more Northerly folk like myself but they really do need to make a genuine effort, of making it clear what you are paying for and how it all works.

I'd hate to see this go "T's up" for the sake of a bit of clarity and a few updates to a webpage.:sadwavey:

R.B.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have to agree with RB here...it's all very vague. Even the double page spread in Jan / Feb edition of the mag tells you nothing really other than the cost (£190 for a family to camp for 2 nights!)

With no real details, I see nothing that would make me spend that sort of cash.

Simon

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Its the first time he event has been run. It's been organised by the folk who run Bushcraft and Survival magazine.

No idea what it will be like, I'm not going to be there as I've other things planned and there are too few weekends in the summer for me as it is :rolleyes: Dunno if it will be worth the money for those visiting or whether they would be better off making the extra journey down south to one of the other more established shows (that are run by bushcrafters).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've been keeping an interested eye on this one. :cool:
It's near enough that it's accessible to the majority of Scots in a way that Wiltshire isn't; and it is central too for the North and Midlands of England.

I'd like to see it work well, I think it's well past time for one in the area, but I agree, they're not doing themselves any favours with the website updates :sigh: and not everyone reads the magazine.

I suppose only time will tell :)
Come on folks, get the finger out :D

cheers,
Toddy

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
On the plus side, InWood is involved with the mag and may come along and give us more details...he was telling me about it at the last Middlewood Meet back in October and sounded rather enthusiastic.

Simon

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
i may see about organising a wild camp that weekend and meander along to it, see what its like on the day :D good as any excuse to wander the lakes eh?

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
my 3 year old boy sings it all night when we stay in it :-D ill be donning the polish army laavu for the weekend unless its tipping it down then i might use a wee tent with a ground sheet theres a shin dig on the saturday so ill need a gay hat and a piece of straw for my jaw and copious amounts of cider :-D. I think there was some posts on facebook about the bash and as far as i am aware there will be no open fires apart from the communal camp fire where demo's are held. There is more updates here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=140060652691438&v=wall perhaps when people are commited to going we can post up a code of recognition as i would love to meet some of the members from here :-D

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I'd be interested in going to this, and is close enough to make it viable, but before I fork out the best part of a hundred smackers I'd want to know in detail what my wad will be providing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE