Bushcraft show 2015

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
Hi all!

So today I realised that thebushcraft show is going on, so booked tickets for tomorrow and heading up. Never been to one before so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions where to head to, things I should see, deals to be had things like that :) I can't belive that on the bushcraft forum nobody has been to the bushcraft show!! :)

As always thanks in advance!
Tom

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Evening Tom...it is probably quiet because many on here go to the annual BushMoot instead. I have been today with the family - It is not as big as previous years in my opinion but still very enjoyable. Not many bargains to be had (most stalls are selling at normal price - but that is true of many shows nowadays). You could check out the wolves, go to the talks in the main tent, and lots of the stalls are doing free demos. The pay for stuff is expensive (£45 to walk a wolf on a lead with a group of others!).

...but we got to meet...The Bush Tucker Man :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

(Note how Les and I have the same collar style :lmao:)

Attachments

• DSCI0956.jpg
    DSCI0956.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Living up in the wilds of Scotland I often find that the shows are too far away. That and as said you no longer seem to get the bargins like you used too. I used to go to the Game Fair at Scone, a few times helping out and working on one of the gun stalls. But even that got really expensive as ticket and parking prices went up. Was good to get to meet up with folks you hadn't seen in a while and a good excuse to eat myself silly on Spinks Smokies which were freshly cooked in barrels there... My mouths watering just thinking of it.
I know that Scotland has a wee population but so many folk come up here to ply their bushcraft and camping that you'd think we could have a wee show. :(
Who knows maybe we'll get off of our bottoms and organise a proper big meet somewhere like Comrie Croft someday.
Hope you have fun and great stuff to Mr K for getting to meet Les Hiddens. He seems a true gentleman and would love to have a brew up around a fire with him.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Does anyone know what Les is doing in this country? Book tour, promotion, filming etc. And will he be appearing anywhere else.
Riven.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
He has been researching a Dutch colony that may well have been in Australia before Captain Cook. An article was published in the Leeds Mercury in the 1800's which started his research. Les has been over to access the British Library. He has been writing up his research and yes is thinking about a series of programmes about it...but they are a while off yet.

K

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
He did a wee piece about it in his 3rd series I think. Remember him talking about it. I do enjoy his programs. Have them on my HD at home.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Would love to go, just to far for travel with the young boys. Wish it was more central to the UK back at in the Lake District and everyone would stand more chance of going inc North of the Border.

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
In follow up, it was great! Good to see lots of kids getting stuck into everything. Went to a small game prep and the woman got the kids to snap the legs off! They loved it! One of them even wanted to keep the head... Anyway cracking day, good food and I got a good deal on a fire piston which iv wanted for ages!

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
He has been researching a Dutch colony that may well have been in Australia before Captain Cook. An article was published in the Leeds Mercury in the 1800's which started his research. Les has been over to access the British Library. He has been writing up his research and yes is thinking about a series of programmes about it...but they are a while off yet.

K

I look forward to that, the episode about the Dutch colony is very interesting! lets hope that he finds Lieutenant Nixon's journal

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
I look forward to that, the episode about the Dutch colony is very interesting! lets hope that he finds Lieutenant Nixon's journal

He has found it! It was part of what he talked about at the show...but...there is no such person as Nixon in military records based in the area of northern Australia and a lot of the information was written with poetic licence to make it more exciting and fitting to the author. Les has been unravelling the information to find correct locations etc (even the latitudes had been changed to fit fictitious maps created at the time).

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE