Bushcraft Magazines

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
There are no real magazines dedicated to bushcraft in the UK..... there are quite a few other magazines that should be of some interest to bushcrafters ;)

:D
Ed

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
sorry maver I've got fist dibs on wilderness way and back woods home if outdoorcode remebers promising to send me a copies in another thread about magazines a week or so back:p ;) :D

but a pass round sounds like a good idea:)

J*

outdoorcode

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2005
Halton West Uk
www.outdoorcode.co.uk
yep I remember the thread, I was asking what mags everyone read, and you came up with those 2 .... your first ;)

As for the 2 weeks Lurch , I was just surprised that neither emailed back to say y/n or thanks for the equiry.

outdoorcode

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2005
Halton West Uk
www.outdoorcode.co.uk
lardbloke said:
I would be up for that as well please...

As lonf as there arent any fights.....

Looking like a possability :eek: :D

If they turn up then I'll do a passaround based on this thread, with jdlenton first as he was the inspiration in the first place

Andrew (wondering what he has let himself in for :eek: )

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
On another point

I was talking with my better half the other day about there not being a Buscraft magazine in the uk . She said those immortal “so why don’t you start one” interest in bushcarft is at an all time high so now might be a good time

My first thoughts on the subject are that maybe we could start by getting a small cheaply produced fanzine type publication together. BCUK members could contribute articles photos and right letters.

How does this sound ? Bushcraft the magazine is it possible ?

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
jdlenton said:
sorry maver I've got fist dibs on wilderness way and back woods home if outdoorcode remebers promising to send me a copies in another thread about magazines a week or so back:p ;) :D

but a pass round sounds like a good idea:)

J*

Fair enough :D

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
lardbloke said:
Starting our own Bushcraft mag on here would be a brilliant idea, if school kids can write fanzines, I am sure we could produce something that would be worth reading.
:D
This website has the basis of the start of this in the Reviews and Articles links at the top of the page. When Tony and co get those pages set up on the site it would provide a great springboard for an online magazine initially. :cool:

If people up for it start writing articles for the mag and offer to send them in it might spur on admin's efforts to develop the site.;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE