Bushcraft Magazine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
W

Winston Dover

Does anyone know whats happened to the magazine?

I got the PDF of the September issue, but havent seen the paper copy.

I emailed about it a few weeks back and havent ahd a reply. Does anyone knowanything about it? Has a new publisher been found? Is it going to continue? Its been a bit quiet about it of late.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
I too have asked the same questions by email and posted on here. Get excuses but no definative answer. I've subscribed to another bushcraft and survival magazine, which does get delivered. Shame really.

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
There's another thread touching on this somewhere.. I think the upshot is that the printers have gone bust - but no news about what's being done because of this.. (i.e. no indication of finding a new printer etc..)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Well if the printer has gone bust, then i guess tony will be unable to source a new printer until he recovers the BCUK money which was paid to them.... Thats my thinking anyway though i have never had dealings with this sort of thing.

Ed

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
I subscribe to both the BCUK and the Bushcraft Magazine both of which are a good read. I do like the size and content of the BCUK one as well as the family orientated bits in the other.

Jan 17, 2007
Edinburgh
On reading this thread I've just realised I subscribed to the wrong magazine!!!:eek:

Must have googled Bushcraft Magazine and subscribed to Bushcraft and Survival Skills by mistake. I meant to subscribe to the BCUK one, and didn't realise there were two.

Oh well - maybe just as well with the porblem with the BCUK one at the moment. However, I'm still waiting on the November issue of BC&SS.

Graeme

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
It is a shame whats happened. What I've gathered from past discussions is that the printers have gone bust and Tony was having a real struggle recovernig the BCUK money used for the printing, a nightmare situation :banghead: The BushcraftUK Magazine is my only magazine subscription and I will continue to support it dearly. The community does need to be updated on the situation with the magazine.

I realise its not a simple process, but as I see it there are 2 magazines being published on the same / similar themes. Only for one its not being published...

Why not combine the 2 and add all the content together?

I'm sure most of us would entertain a slightly higher subscription fee if there was more content (perhaps somewhere between the cost of subscribing to one or both), and there would likely be more people subscribing.

Hence the magazine producers & the readers would all win!

What do you think?

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
I think combining two different magazines is defiantly not a simple process and not realistic. I know for me a contributing factor as to why I subscribe to the BCUK magazine is that there is a beautiful community behind the mag. Knowledgeable, generous and kind members which help contribute to writing new articles for each issue.

P

PIDDOCK

Problem is as far as I'm aware there are three bushcraft magazines currently available in the UK and at least two in the USA, so its a buyers market.

In the uk you have,

www.bushcraftmagazine.co.uk

www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk

And of course BCUK's own.

And in the US

www.backwoodsmanmag.com

Not to mention Wilderness ways magazine and a who host more.

Amalgamating any two would destroy there individuality, each having its own style and good and bad points.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
I tend to agree with Nightwalker on the community front that is behind the BCUK magazine. I guess one issue here is that there has been a slight lack of information as to what the current status is IMHO.

I will continue to subscribe to BCUK not only for the content but also because where is comes from.:)

deeps

Forager
Dec 19, 2007
Monmouthshire
On reading this thread I've just realised I subscribed to the wrong magazine!!!:eek:

Must have googled Bushcraft Magazine and subscribed to Bushcraft and Survival Skills by mistake. I meant to subscribe to the BCUK one, and didn't realise there were two.

Oh well - maybe just as well with the porblem with the BCUK one at the moment. However, I'm still waiting on the November issue of BC&SS.

Graeme

did exactly the same!

got their november but there seems to be a fluff up with the jan issue - bet the advertisers are getting chippy what with course dates and things slipping bye.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
did exactly the same!

got their november but there seems to be a fluff up with the jan issue - bet the advertisers are getting chippy what with course dates and things slipping bye.

I have got the January issue, its great and has five full pages of courses and companies. The Jan issue was delayed due to a problem with Royal Mail distribution.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE