Bushcraft Magazine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Not just me then (it was a bit mean to caption Daves spoon as firewood). It does seem to have gone downhill. I do miss the BCUK Mag. I have the pdf but you can't exactly read that in the bath... :rolleyes:

I hadn't noticed that one. I did spot that whoever labled the blades in the photos doesn't know their kukri from their golok though :rant:

To be honest I'm getting a little dispondent with that mag too. I 'v emailed them a coupleof times asking them to change the information that they write about me (in the writer's bit, the advert and the list of courses) both in print and on their website, but to no avail. Since august last year I have been without a workshop and until it gets rebuilt (eta April, fingers crossed) my only way of earning money is through the courses. :dunno:

I also agree that there are a few good writers (My mate George included ;) ) but there is a lot of padding.

edit: I've just spoken to Simon the editor and he is about to sort out my little problem. Thanks Simon :) It seems that the mis labled pics were changed but the files got mixed up :rolleyes: ;) There were cockups on both sides it seems, so as far as BS&S and myself are concerned all is cool :cool:

Simon also said that if people aren't happy with the magazive then the best way to change things are to contact them and make suggestions for improvements :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
To have something to read while the BCUK mag is on holiday I took out a sub to "The Bushcraft Magazine" and for £12 I will be getting a years worth of this mag - 4 copies.
I just got the first copy a winter/iceage issue of 30 pages stuffed with good, informative, articles and none of the padding experienced in the BCSS magazine. Nor is there any of the BCSS "we are not sexist - here are some pages for the girls" fluff, though much of the magazine is written by well informed, articulate, members of the female race (proving my point that gender is not an issue in Bushcraft).
If the next issues live up to the standard of this one - and I think it will, with articles on basket weaving, corracle building,clay oven cooking, etc etc in the offing - then I think that I will have found a magazine worthy of spending my dosh on - at least until the best Bushcrafting Mag (BCUKS OFFERING) is back on its feet, relaxed and tanned after its vacation.......
Worth checking out....

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
Tony,

please PM with your IT needs/requirements. Whilst I may not be a technical guru I work for a very large firm with guys that would gladly help.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
...We will be sending out a letter to all subscribers of the magazine explaining the situation and will sort things out on an individual basis.

Tony,

To help keep costs down an email or PM would be fine for me. Keeps the magazine subs if it helps keep this site going. Not sure that I'd like to put a value on the benefits of having BCUK.

Stu

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
First, Tony, thank you for 5 great years of BCUK. :You_Rock_ Do whatever you have to do to keep body and soul together. Health and family first. Whatever decisions you make, just know you have a lot of friends here who appreciate all the efforts and sacrifices you have made to provide this forum.

Terry

Thanks for your patience.

A lot has gone on behind the scenes of Bushcraft UK and the magazine over the last while, we had some investors come on board which brought about the new site and kept the magazine going. But some mistakes were made and the investors are no longer involved, leaving me to pick up the pieces. Twice over the last few months the site was supposed to close down but to my thinking it needs to stay alive and so I aim to keep it moving forward.

To keep the site going some tough decisions have had to be made, one of which is to put the magazine on hold. All of you know about the debacle with the printer which is still unresolved. I have every intention of resuming the magazine but at the moment it would be to the detriment of the whole site and I think you will agree that it’s better to have all the site and good potential to resume the magazine than to lose it all. We will be sending out a letter to all subscribers of the magazine explaining the situation and will sort things out on an individual basis. If you have queries that need addressing before the letters are sent out please do so by email to magazine@bushcraftuk.com. Please do not create threads on the forums but contact us directly.

The next short while will see some changes on the site as I streamline it and get the issues that some of you are still experiencing fixed. I have put a lot on the line to keep everything going so that we can continue to have a great place for information and knowledge as well as meet and create friendships, a place that many call home. Please be patient over the next while as changes are made and if any of you wish to offer help it will be greatly appreciated in areas such as putting up content, IT skills and the like.

My apologies for this bad news, although keeping the site alive is very good news and I hope that you continue to enjoy Bushcraft UK and all that it’s grown to be over the last 5 years. If anyone needs to contact me please use info@bushcraftuk.com.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Thanks for your patience.

A lot has gone on behind the scenes of Bushcraft UK and the magazine over the last while, we had some investors come on board which brought about the new site and kept the magazine going. But some mistakes were made and the investors are no longer involved, leaving me to pick up the pieces. Twice over the last few months the site was supposed to close down but to my thinking it needs to stay alive and so I aim to keep it moving forward.

To keep the site going some tough decisions have had to be made, one of which is to put the magazine on hold. All of you know about the debacle with the printer which is still unresolved. I have every intention of resuming the magazine but at the moment it would be to the detriment of the whole site and I think you will agree that it’s better to have all the site and good potential to resume the magazine than to lose it all. We will be sending out a letter to all subscribers of the magazine explaining the situation and will sort things out on an individual basis. If you have queries that need addressing before the letters are sent out please do so by email to magazine@bushcraftuk.com. Please do not create threads on the forums but contact us directly.

The next short while will see some changes on the site as I streamline it and get the issues that some of you are still experiencing fixed. I have put a lot on the line to keep everything going so that we can continue to have a great place for information and knowledge as well as meet and create friendships, a place that many call home. Please be patient over the next while as changes are made and if any of you wish to offer help it will be greatly appreciated in areas such as putting up content, IT skills and the like.

My apologies for this bad news, although keeping the site alive is very good news and I hope that you continue to enjoy Bushcraft UK and all that it’s grown to be over the last 5 years. If anyone needs to contact me please use info@bushcraftuk.com.

Wow... I hadn't spotted this until today. As said before keep my subscription as part of the fighting fund.

I'd be lost without this site and all the friends I've made through it. If you've not already done it peeps a full membership is a great way to show Tony your support.

You know it makes sense. :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE