Bushcraft Living

P

Pinkstone

Hi all im writing a paper on the rise of bushcraft and was wondering if anybody knows of anyone living on bushcraft skills that I could talk to.
Cheers
Burt

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I know a few folks who use the skills daily, and live very much as foragers, but their foraging includes skips and dumps as well as woodlands and seashores.....none of them own computers or having anything like frequent internet access, or permanent addresses either come to that.

cheers,
Toddy

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i think the Furgus blokey from the telly was going to do a year in a wood living from the land alone, i think it was delayed untill he had become acoustome to the area and seasonal foods, it was not his land so makes sence i suppose.....

dont know when he will be doing this or even where you could get hold of him, could help though......

regards...

chris.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi all im writing a paper on the rise of bushcraft and was wondering if anybody knows of anyone living on bushcraft skills that I could talk to.
Cheers
Burt

I'd suggest Ray Mears or if he or his "underlings" refuse to lower themselves to converse with a mere member of the public, anyone who runs a "bushcraft school" or for that matter; anyone selling anything that relates to "bushcraft".
what ever that is these days:confused:

you might also like to post an introduction in the relevant section too, it's generally considered the done thing:)

cheers

R.B.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I have a friend living in tipi valley atm, however its been a couple of weeks since I last spoke to him and then he was talking about moving to the far east. Ill try and contact him and direct him to this thread.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
mabye not what you are looking for but i lived in a woodland shelter for a month and a half, if you like i could tell you a bit about that. i also do a bit of vollintary work instructing bushcraft at a local company.

Mang

Settler
i think the Furgus blokey from the telly was going to do a year in a wood living from the land alone, i think it was delayed untill he had become acoustome to the area and seasonal foods, it was not his land so makes sence i suppose.....

It's Fergus Drennan, aka the Roadkill Chef. He talked about it at The Excel earlier in the year and he processes stuff in vast quantities (eg kilos of Acorns in one go). He doesn't buy meat either for ethical reasons but takes fresh roadkill, everything from Badger to Lapwing!

He's a regular writer for Bushcraft & Survival Skills magazine if you know anyone who has copies.

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
Maybe not what you are looking for but a Norwegian guy tried living "bushcraft" for a year 2009-10.
http://www.envillmann.no/
For one year Kristoffer Clausen will try to survive in the Norwegian wilderness only on what he will hunt, fish or find of edible plants/berries in the nature. One year in the wild is the title of his project. Equipped only with his sleeping bag, hunting rifle/shotgun, fishing gear, and some outdoors equipment he will have to make his own shelters if he want’s roof over his head and he will have to find his own food.
Kristoffer is filming his project and he will make a series from his year in the wild, it will be available with English language. He is also writing a book from his expedition and both will be avialable before December 2010.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE