Bushcraft Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Boker Plus make some great blades. I have 2 of their range and the quality is great. I've not seen this particular model but I've found a quick review below...

[video=youtube;o9QSq7FGahI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9QSq7FGahI[/video]

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Got one they are very good bevel is a bit steep gave mine a polish on buffer all over the fire steel is cool if you bare in mind separate that is about twelve quid not a bad deal sheath is not a custom job but works fine think heinie Haynes are cheaper certainly was for me no vat here :)

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Had to smile a bit at re Backpacking Forever website where it says the knives are £52.27 but the RRP is £48.97. At least they are upfront about it I suppose!

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Had to smile a bit at re Backpacking Forever website where it says the knives are £52.27 but the RRP is £48.97. At least they are upfront about it I suppose!

There's a bit which seems to have got lost in translation ~ ??? skonto ??? (Doubt it's Tonto's bro :dunno: ) ~ there's a bit which would seem to indicate the dual price is something to do with how you make payment.

In the reduced price above is the skonto when paying with Credit Card, laser , Online Bank Transfer or via PayPal included.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I'd say £50 for a 440C stainless steel factory made knife is about right whatever the shape

There seem to be a lot of complaints about this knife with regard to sharpness, bevel geometry and a secondary bevel, most folks thing boker could have made a better job of them, I know a couple of guys who have had the blade reground and say it is much better but those who have them as is aren't very impressed, I guess it depends how particular you are about a sharp knife with a quality finish.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Mine is fine for its price no secondary bevel could do with better bevel angles but for what I payed and what it's intended purpose sitting in fishing kit to prep wood for ghillie kettle it's spot on took the handles Dow to 1200 grit then buffed on a wheel made a world of difference but that's just me be filly lol

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
ive got one which was shave sharp out of the box thought the tip could benefit from a bit of work ant used it when out and about yet but it feels good and looks good. i took the fire steel compass out and inserted an mod brass button compass in place of it with a liitle work with a dremel sander disc it fits perfectly and the compass actually works unlike the one which was factory fitted. all in all a nice knife for the money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE