Bushcraft jackets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Another vote for the M65 with removable quilted liner. Quite water resistant, warm, muted colours, cheap enough to bash about and isn't ruined by a stray spark from the fire :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The M65 are a good coat but leak so take a cheap waterproof cover for it, poncho or anorak or you will suffer if your away from the shelter of the woods.

Give some thought to a wax jacket, some are well within your budget.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I have a crag hoppers water proof coat, very light but sturdy, and use other layers for the warmth bit i shal try and find a link, its nothing special just a light water proof shell.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
there you go hope its of interest, I really rate mine, not to hot either in the summer or when off tramping. haven't used this outlet just an example of the coat. just to add they have a life time guarantee but for what i don't know.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Like Southy i have a craghoppers jacket that i got from TK Max for £35.
It is a cotton look green breathable waterproof with a stowaway hood and a fleece that zips inside .
I have had it for about 3 years and is good in the rain , wind and cold .
http://www.craghoppers.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product3_13552_25755_-1_160605_11051
I think this is the newer model of the same jacket .

It is now a spare as i bought a new keela falkland jacket in ventile .

Craig..........

Last edited:

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
I use a dutch poncho over a swannie mosgiel or ranger shirt. Cost you £15- £20 and is more versatile for me as if it's not raining I have a tarp, groundsheet, ant's nest egg foraging tool etc. If I've got to have it with me it may as well have a useful secondary purpose when the primary is not needed. Poncho has many uses.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE