bushcraft in london.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 31, 2010
London
hey guys im new to the forum and a real problem ive been having is actualy geting out there and doing bushvraft. this is because i live in the big anti-anything not electric city of london. looking for some places and locations where i can go and do bushcraft.
cheers
ben

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hi
Lived in London for more than 10 years (but I'm okay now!). When it all got too much to handle we used to get on a train to Ashurst in New Forest, walk to the Forestry Commission campsite a couple of hundred yards away, have tea in the pub 50 yards away and spend the next few days wandering the New Forest doing all manner of "Bushy" type things...

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I walked through Parliament Square one night last week and there were loads of people camping there, some sort of protest thing.
One of them even planted a little garden. I will be in London again on the Sunday after next and I am giving serious consideration to dossing there
for the night, I will have my stealth sleep kit with me after a quick jaunt up Cambridge way.
Happy trails...torc.

May 31, 2010
London
thanks for the replies people. gavmar about epping forest would it be okay to just go to epping forest and camp inside the actual forest itself or would i have to stay at a camp site and then go to the forest only during the day.

ben

May 31, 2010
London
thought so :s. i just did google maps and debden is like 7 miles away according to it. however debden house is next to whats labled as great monk woods . im confused :(

Dec 13, 2009
London, (Georgia)
Hi Ben
I live in london too. Im struggling too to find a nice place to do bushvraft. I went several times to Viginia Water for a day out, there is a nice small woodland. Also when i don't have enough time to drive there i go to Hampstead Heath its not a great woodland but at least it is some kind of forest :) where you can do bushvraft. Also, there are 2 place nearby london which i would love to go and try:
1) Epping forest (already mentioned in this thread :) lots of positive feedbacks)
2) Oxhey Woods (close to me, only 10 miles)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE