bushcraft in lincolnshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 4, 2009
Nottingham
Hi all, if your looking for Bushcraft in lincolnshire, there are a few places doing it, but Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust at The Whisby Education Centre near Lincoln are running some realy cool stuff,

For youngsters (8-16) they run a 'Bushcraft club' six time a year, the group meet every couple of months and have a go at tracking, fire lighting, shelter buildng, natural navigation etc. You have to pre book as it is realy popular and they do limit numbers, they charge for the session but can't remember how much, but the instructors are realy good, as they spend a lot of time working with kids doing this type of stuff. (they were featured on the kids programme 'Live N Deadly' last year when they took a group of kids out to spend a night out in the woods)

Also this year they are running an adults two day course in September (24th/25th ) as they had such a request from the parents of the kids to do something for the grown ups they have put a beginners bushcraft course on covering the basics of firelighting, tracking, tool use, water etc which looks realy good which i'm looking to book on to,

But the Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust also run courses on various ID workshops, Practical conservation days, willow weaving, coppicing etc so i've gained some realy good experience from these to help with bushcraft. check out there events on www.lincstrust.co.uk or e-mail the education centre on whisbyeducation@lincstrust.co.uk or phone 01522 696926 for dates costings etc

Happy bushcrafting

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
yeah nice one urbert, good looking out. i don't suppose you know of any bushcraft friendly land owners in the mid-lincs area? desperate to find a decent permission not too far from home...

afternoon all

haveing just joined this thread caught my eye
i would count as a newbie in this world though have a range of outdoors experiance

i live in south lincs near stamford
and pretty much on top of a spot of land we could almost certianly camp in

i would be very intrestedi n getting to know people and learning from there

Shade

Nomad
Oct 13, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi folks
Bit late to the party but I'm just outside Lincoln city. I'm currently n discussion with a landower about 10 miles away with some large patches of limewood. Will keep you posted as it would be great to meet up even for just a few hours of bushcraftyness ;)

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Hi all, also from lincolnshie, (near scunthorpe) I am always game for a meet up. If it becomes a regular thing I have access to a tone of land we can play on

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
Another one from Lincolnshire here. I live just outside of Lincoln and am surrounded by woodland that I'm not allowed to camp in :( ...also interested in any meets.

Ffin72

Jul 21, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi all, also from lincolnshie, (near scunthorpe) I am always game for a meet up. If it becomes a regular thing I have access to a tone of land we can play on

Hi Pignut,

I would be interested and willing to travel, work situation and finances permitting, on a regular basis or not.

Dec 28, 2011
Lincoln
HI all I'm also local to right in the middle of sleaford and Lincoln! Not got access to any land yet tho but would be game for a meet if one could be set up!

Thanks Joe.

okoshima

Jan 16, 2012
Lincolnshire
My appologies for the necropost. but wondering if theres any bushcrafters in/near scunthorpe fancy a meet up and a natter possibly a pint?

many thanks in advance

oko

Last edited:
May 8, 2012
Lincoln
Hi, live in lincoln and generally go to peak district for wild camping or sleeping in the caves over there, would be interested in talking and meeting others with ideas of where to go in lincolnshire. I am going out this friday for night if anyone has any good suggestions.

gbjim03m

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2006
Nevada, for a while
Hi all, i work and live in lincoln mon-fri and the odd weekend so keep me on the list, erm if there is one? but always up for an evening be it chatting in the local or getting out and about.

Jim

iHydro

Apr 11, 2012
Digby, Lincolnshire
Another case of Necrothread here. Did anyone manage to secure any land to go bushcrafty in? I want to take my boys out this weekend and I'm keen to find somewhere off the beaten track where we can take advantage of fallen timber and built a little hut for us and have lunch on the stove. If anyone can suggest anywhere I can go for such a walk without the need to ask permission then that would be great.

Not sure how much longer I'll be in Lincolnshire for, however I'm also up for the occasional hike and wild camp in either a tent or a cave in the peak district. My only hangup with that is that I would be reliant on whoever wants to go providing transport, as my wife is unlikely to relinquish the car as we live in the sticks as it is!

Oct 30, 2012
United Kingdom
Hello all, like some others I found this thread looking for wild camping site around lincoln and surrounding areas.

Any suggestions or meet ups would be greatly welcomed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE