bushcraft in lincolnshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tk421

Oct 7, 2010
lincolnshire
Hello my names Tom. I've been interested in Bushcraft for a while, but just recently started going on nights out, and trying some stuff for myself. (I'm still very much a novice). Each time I've been out, it's with my 10 year old son, and although his mind is willing his body is not. it's all the walking i think. Anyway, we always go to the Peak District which is a beautiful place, and I like going, but it's a bit far. I would like to try some wild camping in Lincolnshire without my son to start with. I have had a couple offers, but one keeps backing out when it gets near to going, and the other lives in Derby, and that means a lot of travelling again. Besides these guys like going camping. I'm not sure about the Bushcraft. Is there anyone out there who knows of any spots, or moots near the Mablethorpe area. Any courses, or events to meet like minded people so i can get into a local Bushcraft community. Thanks for your time. Any advise or knowledge passed on will be greatly appreciated.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Welcome Tom.

As Mesquite says, someone local should be along soon.

Unfortunately i'm at the other end of the country but you're more than welcome to come up.

Tom.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Hello and welcome!

Keep an eye out on the midlands meets section of the forum and you could even set something up yourself. There are one or two people from your region on the forum that are regulars at midlands meets, and I'm only a few miles further -- although I gather I'm more what you'd call a camper than a bushcrafter. :) You've just missed a good meet at Spitewinter!

Last edited:

tk421

Oct 7, 2010
lincolnshire
cheers mate were abouts in Lincolnshire are you? do you know of local groups courses or meets? oh and the user names from star wars

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Hey Tom,
Welcome mate. I'm a lincolnshire man as well, from Sleaford. Seems to be a few of us now. I'm in the same boat as you, trying to find somewhere suitable to wild camp and practice is a little tricky. I've got a couple of spots for days out but nowhere to overnight as yet. Although I am meeting with a landowner on Sunday who has a small woodland so I've got my fingers crossed

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Hey Rob. Tried to PM you but your box is full. You planning on going out near you anytime soon? I've got a little spot near me in Sleaford wood now but its still a bit busy. I don't want people thinking there's some nutter/loner living in the woods! There seems to be a growing band of us lincolnshire fellas on here now, might be an idea to group us all together and see if we could arrange a lincs meet.
Si.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hi Simon,

I'll sort the pm's out, but a day out sounds good, i'm limited to fridays or alternate w/ends, but not this w/end.

Rob

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Hi Simon,

I'll sort the pm's out, but a day out sounds good, i'm limited to fridays or alternate w/ends, but not this w/end.

Rob

Sundays are best for me, and sometimes I have Fridays free depending on if I have any work. Do you head out round Grantham?

tk421

Oct 7, 2010
lincolnshire
yeah keep us posted mate I've looked in a few places my self and google earths a big help to find places but it's finding the owners thats the hard part

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE