Bushcraft hats...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ross Bowyer

Apr 29, 2004
kendal
Having seen these in the 'flesh' so to speak, I can confirm that they will last a life time and then some! Much tougher than any other hat around.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I've seen a lot of lorry tarps in Africa and South America that were scrapped because the material was falling apart - they tend not to get rid of stuff while it still has life in it. I think I'd prefer one to be made of material that hadn't been "weathered", as I can't help wonder if that isn't a euphemism for knackered.......

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
My preferred style, don't quite know where the tarp has been, if a survival need then yes.

camping
[/URL][/IMG]

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've seen a lot of lorry tarps in Africa and South America that were scrapped because the material was falling apart - they tend not to get rid of stuff while it still has life in it. I think I'd prefer one to be made of material that hadn't been "weathered", as I can't help wonder if that isn't a euphemism for knackered.......

Then you've likely seen the hats as well. There sold on the streets in Brazil (have been for quite some time from what I understand) Much cheaper there though. One of the members here, Pict, wears one and seems quite happy with it. I keep hoping he will post on this thread.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Bet yer sweat like a sasquatch in a sauna under them ?

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

Maybe, but I'd think probably not. After all it's just canvas, and vented at that. They are made and primarily worn in BRAZIL. By BRAZILIANS. LOL. Think about it.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
OK, quick update.

My hat arrived this afternoon, a bit over 24 hours after I ordered it. Not bad for starters!

The one I got seems pretty much like the one on the website, no lettering, and a patch on the crown.

hat4.jpg

It's clean, tidyish and pretty light when compared to my usual headgear, a Rogue 127.

hat3.jpg

The Amazonas hat has a wired brim which seems to allow a degree of shaping and two large vents either side. The brim is also wider than my Rogue, the picture shows the Amazonas over the Rogue!

hat2.jpg

So far, I'm pretty happy with my purchase. It is light, comfortable and gives the impression of being pretty much 'bulletproof'

hat1.jpg

I'll give it a day or two to settle in and come back with how it copes with UK weather, although, its obviously coped well with Brazialian weather, so anything the UK has to offer should be childs play!

patch.jpg

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
Yeah, great minds...or the other possibility???

My new hat will be sporting a nice shiny new leather BCUK badge soon also!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Maybe, but I'd think probably not. After all it's just canvas, and vented at that. They are made and primarily worn in BRAZIL. By BRAZILIANS. LOL. Think about it.

Had thought about it, I figured Brazilians don't graft at the same pace as us , and are naturally acclimated to the weather. Plus it depend s if they are entirely canvas or canvas/plastic like our wagon tarps......

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE