Bushcraft hats...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I just got mine. I was surprised to find it in a flat envelope in the mail when I got home today as I hadn't ordered one! A quick call to my daughter confirmed my suspicions though; she and my future SIL had heard me talking about wanting one and had ordered it as an early Father's Day gift! I cain't wait to put in some woods time under it.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
As far as I know, the shop isn't available at the moment. I was given the info above, e-mail address and paypal stuff, when I mailed Tony (Admin) enquiring about the same leather badge.

If I've got enything wrong, I'm sure somebody will be along shortly and put it right!

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
img2231aa.jpg

img5925t.jpg

I've been using these hats for years. They hold up well.

Scrunchable? The wire in the rim would take a permanent set if you get too aggressive with balling it up.

In the heat I soak it in water and it stays cool for a long time. It will act like a bucket up to the level of the vent holes. They aren't waterproof but are so thick that the water stays in a good long time.

The vent holes have no screens. Here we have clouds of little sting-less bees that really go after sweat. They are really enthusiastic about the little holes. I normally cover the inside with black electrical tape to keep them out if it is a problem, but screens would be a welcome addition.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
IIRC I paid about $7.00 US down at the Central Market here in Belo Horizonte. If you go up the hill to the boutiques in Savassi you will pay $40.00. They are a good thing to pick up here if you ever visit.

My Brother in law will be doing regular business in São Paulo - so that sounds doable if he can find somewhere that sells them.[h=3][/h]

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
My Brother in law will be doing regular business in São Paulo - so that sounds doable if he can find somewhere that sells them.

dogbanezebumi5.jpg

If you have someone going back and forth to Brazil have him look into getting a Zebu folder (about 8 GBP). They are a large, non-locking slipjoint and the spring is very stiff so they are not prone to close on the fingers. I use mine often for bushcraft. The one in the photo has a 91mm blade but they also make a smaller version.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE