Bushcraft Dogs.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I've been recently thinking about the best Bushy Pal I know, Alfie the Newfoundland, or as I like to call him My Dog. He is a 7 year old so knocking on a bit in Newfie years. Is there anybody else who enjoys the company of a 4 legged friend when out in the woods.

8165197355_990911f73e_m.jpg

The only issue with him is he looks a bit like a rogue Bear from a distance (He occasionally scares children if he wanders off when he is getting walked).

Last edited:

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Aye there are a fair few of us.

Here's Bella as a pup

299617_10150369910604851_663129850_.jpg

305129_10150346620224851_663129850_.jpg

Swimming

GOPR3436.jpg

GOPR3410.jpg

And out with me hiking

IMG_1291.jpg

IMAG0554.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Excellent stuff great photos. All Handsome hounds. Is that a greyhound or a lurcher Stillwaters? And which Dale are you in there?
Whats that small brown dog in the bottom photo Bones?
Nice photos of Bella.
Our last dog was a boxer. Who also loved a daily bimble. Wasnt happy unless he's walked a few miles. Certainly kept you fit. Particularly loved the snow, and was a sunbather.:D

Attachments

• DSC00256.jpg
    DSC00256.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Still Waters

Nomad
Dec 20, 2007
North yorkshire
Excellent stuff great photos. All Handsome hounds. Is that a greyhound or a lurcher Stillwaters? And which Dale are you in there?
Whats that small brown dog in the bottom photo Bones?
Nice photos of Bella.
Our last dog was a boxer. Who also loved a daily bimble. Wasnt happy unless he's walked a few miles. Certainly kept you fit. Particularly loved the snow, and was a sunbather.:D

Hi dave

My dog misty is a whippet x staffie and i was heading up to gordale scar in mallam in that picture

Her she is with me near druids temple in masham

IMG0291A.jpg

bigant

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2009
Stoke on trent
love going out with my pair :)
though sometimes they rather stay and relax/take over there sofa
_1097384.jpg

_B307091.jpg

_B307026.jpg

_A106701.jpg

_A106649.jpg

really need to get myself some more photos of them the lab kinda destroyed my camera though so stuck using a phone cam atm.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
My bushcraft/shooting buddy
vesyveve.jpg

gyje2ara.jpg

bagy9utu.jpg
with sticky bobs on
adety4ag.jpg
having a sunbathe
2ynarahe.jpg
posing
mu9ujequ.jpg
think i caught him hiding something in the wood shed
emehy3ej.jpg
can we go to the woods mum?
yqupytev.jpg
shattered now,

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nice collection of 4-legged friends. I don't have one any more; long ago (before the arthritis) we had a black German Shepherd, a real familiar spirit he was, name of Woofah :). I'm also a cat-person but unfortuantely my current pair don't want to come out with me although, years ago, another pair of our cats, Merlin and Tanith, came everywhere with us. I've very ocasionally met other people with their cat-friends out walking on Exmoor; maybe our next ones will.

I'd like a lurcher and a jackie but my cats wouldn't so I don't. The animals who come to live with us are always rescue so I won't ever give them a hard time again as they've always been through quite enough.

I love the pix of your dogs, especially Bella swimming :), and whoever-it-is with their friend with the rabbit slung over their shoulder; good dinner there :)

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
unavyseh.jpg

7aneze7u.jpg

y2asa4e2.jpg

Poucher s home made razor wire nearly chopped her in half when out shooting pigeons with permission :-(
All The Best , Stewart

Anzia

Nomad
Sep 25, 2012
Derbyshire
Gorgeous dogs, one and all. I'll post up a pic of mine when we've done something deserving of the word 'bushcraft' :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE