Bushcraft courses to kick off

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
J

Jonathan Cole

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good course to kick off with in the UK? Something intensive, for several days, for a beginner, but where you can get to grips with a lot of the skills in one trip...

Thanks for your help,
J :confused:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
You’re probably looking at a week for a good course that will give you a good grounding in the basics. You could do a weekend but unless it’s just one or two subjects they tend to be taster courses.

If you were coming over from France then it might be good to find a course that’s close to where you’re coming into the country, that would mean less travel time in the UK. Have a look at the list of schools here

There’s a bit of guidance here as well

It’s worth deciding for yourself what is the most important thing for you to learn, you may think that fire is very important, or foraging and cooking, shelter building. Or you may want to learn more about trees, tracking and animals. There’s a lot of good schools out there that provide what you’re looking for, the hard work is finding the one that works for you.

Do contact them though and let them know that you’re interested in coming on their courses, describe what you’re after and when you’re available, then let them tell you what they can offer you.

An alternative is to see if any of the members here on Bushcraft UK want to meet up with you sometime and share what they know, I know of a few members that have had good experiences doing this. There’s also the BushMoots that we put on a few times a year, people learn loads and it’s cheap.

I’m sure that there’s some courses running in France as well, I’ll see if I can find the contact details.

I hope that you find somewhere and that you have a great experience with whoever you choose to go with, let us know how you get on. :D

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Jonathan Cole said:
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good course to kick off with in the UK? Something intensive, for several days, for a beginner, but where you can get to grips with a lot of the skills in one trip...

Thanks for your help,
J :confused:

PM BCUK member "Ed." His firm run bespoke bushcraft courses. Also, he makes an excellent cup of tea. :)

J

Jonathan Cole

Hey there! THanks for all the info. THat's super cool. i'm checking with

The UK Survival School
Woodsmoke
Trueways Survival School

they seem ok...i think! I'll let you all know it fares...

Best,
Jonathan :drive:

lignum vitae

May 5, 2005
kernow
Johnathan, give Footsteps Of discovery a call. I know that they run very good basic survival courses. I'm sure they will taylor a course to meet your needs. Smarty is very experiencd and has been involved in running survial courses all over the world. go to www.footstepsofdiscovery.co.uk. Which ever course you go on have a good time and I'm sure you'll learn loads

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE