Bushcraft coffee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have one for tea, and one for coffee :D

So easy, so simple and absolutely excellent. Highly recommended and in use by bushcrafters all over the place :D

tea-infuser.jpg

https://nbtea.co.uk/store/en/accessories/172-tea-infuser.html

M

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Starbucks makes little packages of coffee, very fine grind, one cup at a time.
First time I ever saw them was in the railway station in York.
I'd like the same thing but a package that I could reload.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I have one for tea, and one for coffee :D

So easy, so simple and absolutely excellent. Highly recommended and in use by bushcrafters all over the place :D

tea-infuser.jpg

https://nbtea.co.uk/store/en/accessories/172-tea-infuser.html

M

I've got both a tea (smaller) and coffee (larger) reusable filter which are both a plastic ring with a synthetic fabric sock attached and pack down even smaller than this rigid one (although the rigid one is better if you've got the space).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I did look at the cloth ones, but in the end, these 'Aunt Agnes' (they're German) filters, are lightweight, fit tidily in my mug, have proven to be incredibly robust (the tea one is now over ten years old, and still in regular use) and both work well, and clean out easily.
I'm a tea-jenny, and over the years I have amassed a collection of teastrainers. These ones are the best of them all; they really are. From tea-tea to tisanes from every part of the plant, they work.
The wee lid thing not only helps keep the tea hot while it's brewing, but it makes a clean, dry saucer bit to put the used filter down on in a tent or just to keep it off the ground.
Someone thought this design out, and it's become a classic :)

M

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I've used a little Bialetti on the barbecue loads of times, and once or twice out on an overnight trip.

I also have a couple of little Russian coffee pots, they are the same as the Greek and Turkish pots. It helps to heat the water in a kettle or small billy beforehand. Superfine ground coffee and hot water in the pot, bring the pot to the fire; let it well up and remove it from the heat three times, then pour it into a drinking vessel (preferably a heatshock-proof glass).

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Peasant Technique

Find ditch with trickle of water and grab canteen cup
IMAG2636.jpg
Improvise mud strainer from moss if needed.
Make kindling while water collects.
IMAG2629.jpg
Build small fast fire with no twig thicker than a pencil. Hawthorn adds pleasant sweet smoky aroma to the brew. Use rocks or whatever available to make heat reflector.
Cup rests on three thumb thick Hazel pegs ~ gives you about 10-12 minutes before they burn through alternatively cheap metal tent pegs are ideal.
Remove from heat with gloved hand, tongs, pot grabber or stick through the cup handle. Pick out any floating bits and add 'instant' coffee mix* Whittle on a stick, twist cordage or work on kuksa while tin cup cools to drinkable temperature.

* For local bimbles I just put everyday instant coffee, sugar and milk into a small travel bottle. Walking a few miles mixes it thoroughly and it's good for a few big cupfuls.

Furia

Aug 16, 2017
London
www.facebook.com
Bialetti is the way forward for me.
The one cup is enough for me. Light(-ish), enough for a good cup and quick enough to do some more if someone else wants one.
Besides, you boil the exact amount of water each time. No waste.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE