Bushcraft Chair ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Hi Chaps.

I want one of them seats you make onsite, just get 3 straight sticks and feed through canvas etc..

No idea where to start, do they sell them? Ive no idea how to explain it..

Get 3 strong straight sticks, put into a triangle, attach material to it, el presto, a seat!

Apart from making one myself out of canvas or strong material, anyone can help? do they sell them? do you have a design? any pictures ?

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I think they were originally made from strong sacks (flour sacks?)

cut a hole in the bottom corners to thread the horizontal pole through - bunch up the top and tie a rope loop around it to attach to the top of the triangle. - You will need another 'prop' stick to hold the back of the triangle, or prop it against a tree?

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
If I have got the tech stuff right then this should be the video of how to make this sort of chair, which I have seen made with flour sacks, rubbish sacks or even hammocks

HTH

ok, we'll try this <object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Jura-cmCsA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Jura-cmCsA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="510"></embed></object>

Last edited:

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Perfect Southey! Thats exactly what I wanted, nice and simple. Time to get rid of the blacks foldable chair as it really kills my back.

Just another question, are these chairs as comfy as they look? Anyone tried and tested?

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
not sure how that Jerry-chair really works, seems it has no support but just something dry to sit on? I really need back support =(

Thanks Slasha 9 for the link! :)

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Hi Chaps!

Im very close to making such a seat. Problem is I cannot find any material for it. other than a potatoe sack, onion sack and hot air baloon hyper material, anyone have any suggestions? Cannot find anything for sale, maybe im looking in the wrong places?

Any help appreciated.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I just bought 2 bags from my local army stores, a mesh laundry bag and a draw string waterproof bag - both look like have potential as bush chairs - only a couple of quid a piece

Norton

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2009
Glasgow
Perfect Southey! Thats exactly what I wanted, nice and simple. Time to get rid of the blacks foldable chair as it really kills my back.

Just another question, are these chairs as comfy as they look? Anyone tried and tested?

I usually make one when I'm camping out of an old mesh hammock. I can confirm that they are very comfy after a little bit of fettling.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE