Bushcraft cartoon/pin-up anyone?

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It clearly says in the title for this particular forum that's it DIY (which is what I've done) and Traditional Crafts (of which art has been since cavemen smeared soot on a wall)

I'll leave you to interpret the "hands on stuff" yourself :lmao:

So with these criteria in mind here's something I hope you appreciate and won't get me burnt at the stake for posting it here.

Yes, I draw pin-up stuff, you may have seen another example of my stuff in the man-knitting comp I set recently. Since I've got re-interested in Bushcraft I thought I'd combine the two. I have a ton of ideas and scenario's to put Betty in so stay tooned for future episodes of her top tips.

Biker

PS to the moderators. Please let me know if this is the wrong place to post this. No offence intended.

Bushcraft-Betty001.jpg

Biker

:lmao: VERY funny Duncan. Laughed out loud at that punchline.

I'm a big fan of Larson but I hadn't seen that joke, or maybe I had and just forgot. I'm of that age now. :rolleyes:

I have lots of idea but that doesn't mean you can't suggest any, please.

I can see lot of cartoons featuring Betty offering good advice with a comic twist in the coming months.

T-Shirts? Hmmm now there's a thought. I have posted it to my redbubble profile here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/art/4768390-1-bushcraft-betty01

Thanks for all the replies, glad it's accepted without upsetting anyone, hopefully it'll stay like that.

Biker

Biker

You should drop Bushcraft magazine a line, your stuff is in a different league to the cartoons they're currently publishing.

There's a magazine? OK, now you've got my undevided attention. Thing is I live in France so finding the right magazine at the local newagents is a tad difficult.

Is it this one? http://www.bushcraftmagazine.co.uk/ let me know please. Ta. Anyway I've written to the contact address there and sent them the Bushcraft betty jpg. We'll see what happens. Thanks for suggesting it.

Thanks too for all the replies since I was here last time. Love that advert and there was me thinking mine would be considered sexist by some!

I'll try and post a new Betty per week as I find the time to draw her between my other commitments.

Biker

Biker

Thanks Littlebiglane.

Well, I just sent an email off to Bushcraft magazine with the drawing attached to the email addresses listed at their website. Hopefully something will come of it.

My one fear is the dreaded "They" plagiarise my idea and run with it themselves. :(

I'll let you know if I hear anything from them.

Big thanks to Andythecelt for suggesting the idea :You_Rock_ mate

Have a good 'un, catch ya later.

Biker

Last edited:

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
There's a magazine? OK, now you've got my undevided attention. Thing is I live in France so finding the right magazine at the local newagents is a tad difficult.

Is it this one? http://www.bushcraftmagazine.co.uk/ let me know please. Ta. Anyway I've written to the contact address there and sent them the Bushcraft betty jpg. We'll see what happens. Thanks for suggesting it.

Thanks too for all the replies since I was here last time. Love that advert and there was me thinking mine would be considered sexist by some!

I'll try and post a new Betty per week as I find the time to draw her between my other commitments.

Biker

Yep that's the one.

You should drop Bushcraft magazine a line, your stuff is in a different league to the cartoons they're currently publishing.

Think that one was my suggestion. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE