Bushcraft bible

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
The implication of the subtitle of that book seems to suggest so...

I wasn't aware that things were that different when out in the bush. But then I am only a woman, so what would I know?

J

I would have thought the title meant nothing to the reader if the reader wanted to obtain the useful information inside regardless of age or gender, like for instance myself being a man i would not think that book is for boys and is therefore no good to me as the information was not written targetted at my demographic

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
The implication of the subtitle of that book seems to suggest so...

I wasn't aware that things were that different when out in the bush. But then I am only a woman, so what would I know?

J

Yep your right the title does suggest so ha.it is a fairly old book though n theirs no getting away from the fact sexism existed back then.laughable really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I would have thought the title meant nothing to the reader if the reader wanted to obtain the useful information inside regardless of age or gender, like for instance myself being a man i would not think that book is for boys and is therefore no good to me as the information was not written targetted at my demographic

Of course not. Books should in theory be gender neutral. However, the title, being from a different age, is a bit out of date...

Yep your right the title does suggest so ha.it is a fairly old book though n theirs no getting away from the fact sexism existed back then.laughable really

I appreciate it's from a different age. My reply was partly tongue in cheek.

J

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
If we are prepared to accept that bushcraft is a series of techniques and skills that improve with practise, I reckon that any decent guide to the flora and fauna of the area in which you find yourself would act as a 'bible' for me. Knowing what I was dealing with would enable me to put my few skills to better use. "Telle est du moins la these..." Though, as has been established, there really is no one book...

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Me too tongue firmly in cheek, i was trying to be stand up about non gender specifics, i am funnily finding the reverse at the minute as i am reading lots of books on basket weaving and other such crafts and many are written targeted at women and some feel one step away from going down the pink colour scheme like the knitting book i recently read, it was so bad i was almost expecting kisses and love hearts dotting the I's (please excuse my stereotyping of schoolgirl handwriting)

51dbqrRoiRL.jpg

Gotta start somewhere with these things

Wandjina

Mar 28, 2015
U.K.
It's so personal/subjective but I have used Ray Mear's 'Outdoor survival handbook', and 'Bushcraft'. Also the Collins Gem SAS survival handbook (for portability) and Richard Mabey's 'Food for free' are useful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE