Bushcraft banned!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sorry folks, but I'm really pi**ed off! Iv'e just been told by a friend that.. He saw loads of Bear Ghryls Machete's for sale over the counter very cheap, whilst he was on holiday!! Are these retailers stupid?? It's only a matter of time before some idiot gets hold of one! This is exactly what happened to airsoft! Cheap knives/guns on view to the public, will only help a government launch an all out ban on knives being sold, (to ANYONE...).
It's madness!!!!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
calm down fella, pretty much every hunting, camping, kitchen, gardening shop has some kind of knife to buy over the counter, thats some knee jerk reaction your having there dude!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
OMG, I just came back from my post office where they are selling high pressure incendiary devices. Get this - a cannister holds some fuel under pressure. When a button is depressed the fuel escapes at high velocity and is simultaneously ignited by the spark from a flint/steel mechanism. We're looking at mass arson on a scale unheard of before!

:p

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
OMG, I just came back from my post office where they are selling high pressure incendiary devices. Get this - a cannister holds some fuel under pressure. When a button is depressed the fuel escapes at high velocity and is simultaneously ignited by the spark from a flint/steel mechanism. We're looking at mass arson on a scale unheard of before!

hahahahahaha brilliant!

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
Pah, that's nothing.

Just about every town and village in the country has these places that allow strangers, with no checks whichsoever, to dispense highly flammable liquid from a hospipe and then waggle it around if they want and blow the whole place up. With just a small bucket of sand to prevent the ensuing inferno. It's a matter of time before we have Rambo type explosions all over the country.

................Run for the hills...............................

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Sorry folks, but I'm really pi**ed off! Iv'e just been told by a friend that.. He saw loads of Bear Ghryls Machete's for sale over the counter very cheap, whilst he was on holiday!! Are these retailers stupid?? It's only a matter of time before some idiot gets hold of one! This is exactly what happened to airsoft! Cheap knives/guns on view to the public, will only help a government launch an all out ban on knives being sold, (to ANYONE...).
It's madness!!!!

B&Q have axes on sale openly - madness I say. :D

Relax dude, dont be a victim of the spin doctors and propaganda.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
if i was working as a press officer for the "ban the knife alliance" (made up name) the OP would've made my day......"look, even the bushcraft community, who are known to be safe and responsible knife users, are opposed to the over counter sale of bladed weapons" i'd even be able to cite references to back up that statement (e.g. this sentiment was origianlly expressed on BCUK, an internationally renowned bushcraft discussion based bulletin board by a long standing and highly regarded member of the forum)

it'd add a lot of weight to my argument for a blanket ban on kinfe sales don't you think?

be carefull

stuart

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton

Its worse than that they sell ammunition for some models as well.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's worse than you think. Over here a husband was recently bludgeoned to death with a frozen leg of lamb. When questioned the murder said she bought it at the grocery store! I was fine until then. Imagine my anxiety now that I've learned that just anybody can walk in and buy MEAT at will! Without even a background check.

Above joke plagiarized and paraphrased from Steve Martin.and

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
It's worse than you think. Over here a husband was recently bludgeoned to death with a frozen leg of lamb. When questioned the murder said she bought it at the grocery store! I was fine until then. Imagine my anxiety now that I've learned that just anybody can walk in and buy MEAT at will! Without even a background check.

Above joke plagiarized and paraphrased from Steve Martin.and

I believe in your country, you can actually buy ...a shotgun in wallmart? How does anyone make it out alive? :D

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I think it only appropriate, that as a first and voluntary step to put the safety of the public at the forefront of our interests, we should all start wearing high-visibility vests at all times when out in the woods. This will not only aid identification of bushcrafters, but protect us from each other should unfortunate incidents arise.

I'm pleased to confirm that the market has already arisen to the challenge of this requirement by providing high-visibility camouflage foul-weather clothing: http://www.swedteam.eu/swedteam_hunting_clothes_vest_defender_realtree_ap-hd_hi_viz_1538.html

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
I reckon what they should do is bring out a fix blade licence and lock knife licence! along the lines of you pay so much each year to allow you to use a fix blade and carry one as long as you have a valid reson to and a safe storage place. Kinda like a shotgun licence! If your ever checked, all you have to do is present your licence card and have a reson for carrying it! Ie, work use! If you dont have a licence, you dont have a knife! simple... And all the money each year goes towards fighting knife and gun crime! obviously 3" and under non locking blades would remain legal..

Good idea???... :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE