Bushcraft/backwoods event volunteers needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
As the title says, I am looking for a few of you folk to help out with a woodlands/bushcraft event on 7th august this year at my local woodlands in Castleford, West Yorkshire.

I have been involved with a local woodlands friends group for a little while now, helping with the rangers forest school, and demonstrating green wood carving etc.

Last week the local council seemed very impressed with my little spoon carving demo, and after a good chat, it appears they are keen to have a woodland event. This will consist of,
Greenwood carving
Natural cordage making
Firecraft
Foraging edibles
Foraging dyes for tie dying
Woodland walks
Feather sticks
Shelter building
Plus any other bushy things that can be demonstrated to the visitors.

We have permission for a fire, where we can cook or just gather.

There will be one or two volunteers from the local council who are keen to learn too.
This is a charitable event, however there is a small budget so we may have our expenses paid, this will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks.
There's the option of an overnighter afterwards, and there are some stunning places in this woodland, which a few of you fine folk have already visited.

Please put your names in the reply, and I'll pm you with all the details etc.

I must stress this is not a commercial venture.

touched by nature

touched by nature

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I need to check with work first, i'm off the week before.

Not sure what I can bring to it as my skills are very basic but even if you just need some to keep the brews going I can do that :)

It would be a pleasure to have you here if you could make it. Don't worry about your skills, they are more than adequate mate.
We're not doing this for profit, or running a bushcraft school. Plus it's a chance to get out and do something we enjoy.....

2 sugars for me please. ;)

touched by nature

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE