"Bushcraft" Axe Conundrum (Hultafors Classic Hunter vs. Gransfors Small Forest)

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
I've only owned the Gransfors out of the two mentioned, but i would have no problem recommending it. It's well crafted and easy to keep sharp and lends itself to tasks from fine to heavy.

I used mine yesterday to rough shape some spoons and kuskas, and also used it to split the logs from which they were made. It was a little tiring at times when trying to do fine work, but it can still do the job. If I could grab only one cutting tool in a pinch, I'd probably put my hand on the Gransfors small forest axe.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE