Bushcraft area ideas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
Hi,

So I work at an activity centre and we have a bushcraft area that I want to spruce up. Basically it's got logs to sit on, and a few fire pits. There are plenty of trees around to put things on too. I was hoping for some ideas to do to the place. Considering we teach bushcraft regularly, I wass thinking of an active fire triangle, with them being held up in a triangle and removing one makes the triangle fall apart, reinforcing the idea of without one, there can be no fire.
So has anyone got any ideas? I want it to look as natural as possible, made of wood ect not printed out sheets of laminated paper :)

Thanks
Tom

Chris the Fish

Forager
Dec 5, 2009
Stoney Stanton, Leics
You could lap joint 3 pieces of wood (say 4" dia), shave a flat section on each facing side with the words 'fuel' 'heat' and 'air' on them, this can then be again lap jointed to a staff placed into the ground. If you make the joints tight enough to just nip together it should hold up well. If they become lose then just make another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Something in the form of a tripod might work. The 3 legs present a symbolic pyramidal fire shape, but if you remove or reduce one part (leg), the thing falls down.

Ian

Chris the Fish

Forager
Dec 5, 2009
Stoney Stanton, Leics
I was thinking about the cross lap, the angles would be more acute with a triangle

2f50c8cb6d0ccbd78ec42aedd7b2f13d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE