Bushcooker stove. My gripe!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Has anyone else had problems with the Bushcooker woodburner stove?

I bought mine from Backpackinglight in Jan this year ('09), and up till now ahve been more than satisfied with it. I have used it about 20-30 times, and recently found the inner re-burner hole were starting to split which would result in the whole innner section falling off! Not good in my book.

I contacted Backpackinglight and received a full refund, which I decided to take as a replacement didn't seem worth it! I like stuff that lasts well, especially costing £50. However, Bob was as good as gold and sorted this out for me. Excellent service there.

I also sent an email to the manufacturers, and after a week of waiting will now give up.

I guess the stainless used is a lower quality than it should be for the thickness, and with the lack of customer service from the main company, I won't be buying another product from them!

Now I have made my own Wood gasification stove out of a stainless sugar tin and an old paint tin. Not as pretty but works well and cost me £2, for 3 pots.

stove.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Now I have made my own Wood gasification stove out of a stainless sugar tin and an old paint tin. Not as pretty but works well and cost me £2, for 3 pots.

stove.jpg

I've just won two stainless tins on ebay for 99p, I was thinking of turning them into some more pots but I might give this a go instead. One's 13cm diam and the other's 12cm :rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2009
Lancs
I've been using one of these stoves for a while now about 50 times ish mines still in good nick no splits maybe you just got a duffer. Your diy stove looks the dogs tatties for the money. wish i'd had more time to make one myself could have saved a fortune.

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Thanks. Thats what I thought about a duff one, but didn't want to take the chance on another. It is about having the time to do these things!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE