Bush-craft Quotes (please add your own)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fizzlebang

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2009
Surrey
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."
Terry Pratchett

havocsdad

Jun 10, 2010
dorset
"Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts, There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds, the ebb and flow of tides,the folded budready for spring.Thers is something infinitely healing in the repeated refarins of nature- the assurance that dawn comes after the night and spring after the winter" Rachel arson 1907-64

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
You may be a king, or a little road sweeper, But sooner or later you dance with the Reaper. - Death from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

Don't have any bushcrafty ones, at least none that spring to mind. Thanks to Unorthodox for including Betty words of wisdom. made me chuckle that.

I suppose a good Bushcraft one would be the one I heard about applying Linseed oil to wooden handles. Betty also used that in one of her top tips.

Once a day for a week,
Once a week for a month,
Once a month for a year,
Once a year for a lifetime.

Robert Heinlein is my favourite author and one of his books is packed with handy quotes. I'll have a look and see if there is anything applicable here.

Biker

Last edited:

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating;
there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather"

John Ruskin

E

ex member coconino

I've heard it said about blankets that "one underneath is worth two on top", which I find also applies to other tent comforts. ;)

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
My favourite quote has to be,

Is that jacket ventile or is it waterproof.

By Jungle RE

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE