Bush cigar substitute?

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
In my dim and distant past I knew a shepherd in the Cheviots who held a briar pipe constantly in the corner of his mouth. he puffed on it all day (and much of the night during lambin') and he swore by freshly gathered "dottle" (thats sheep s..t to the rest of us) which he collected early morning, crumbilng it while fresh and drying it either in the sun on a selected rock for the purpose, or on top of his old stove. Now I'm not recomending this, but I bet someone will try it before the month is out....

I passed on the opportunity, but then I was quite young, but the temptation has never quite left me...still resisting...:D

was it 'g o o d ****!'lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
Buy yourself some cigars and be damned, after all tobacco leaves are natural, it's no worse than drinking herbal tea!

Im nto worried abou the tobacco, i'm worried about all the random stuff they put in shop cigars (like lawn mowers an chickens) , seriuosly though, there is some weird stuff in them!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nowhere near as much weirdness as goes into cigarettes though..........more chemical additives than a rock and roll star :D

M

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
A friends mum grow's baccy plants in the garden in Devon, and they come back anually...

Her husband, now passed away due to an accident used to harvest them, shred, dry and mix with a small amount of shop bought baccy to improve the flavour.

So, they can be grown outdoors with no propagation!

And oddly, they smell not a million miles of the herbal variety :)

TBL.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Buy cohibas you wont regret it, smoked just about every type of cuba cigar when i was there and they are the best, I watched them making allosrts of cigars in cuba and there is nothing dodgy in them, just pure tobacco, they cant afford lawnmowers and chickens to waste in cuba!!!!

Im nto worried abou the tobacco, i'm worried about all the random stuff they put in shop cigars (like lawn mowers an chickens) , seriuosly though, there is some weird stuff in them!

Magicman2

Jul 8, 2010
King's Lynn Norfolk
I remember back to the late seventies when all of the cigarette manufacturers brought out herbal cigarettes at the same time, there must have been 12 different varities, I remember this as I was working in a large newsagents at the time so was given packets and packets of samples, and you can believe me when I tell you that they all tasted like crap. So I guess what I'm saying is don't waste you're time, just buy your normal smokes.

I bet that they will taste a lot better outside anyway

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE