Building a Toboggan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I've been thinking about buying a Siglin 4' pulk, any idea if they are sold in the UK? I will wait to hear the 'boggan tales from Sweden first though.

What type of pole system/harness are you using? How quickly can you detach yourself from the system when the 'boggan falls through the ice?

Last edited:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
What type of pole system/harness are you using? How quickly can you detach yourself from the system when the 'boggan falls through the ice?

I think all of us have gone for the tape/cord tump likes and simple over the shoulder webbing strap for hauling. This can be jettisoned in a second in emergencies and on the downhills the lines are just long enough to control the boggan from the rear.

Aug 25, 2014
Denmark
A lot will depend on how far we move off road.

Traditional-Snowshoes.jpg

The roads tend to be well packed and for the trip between Jokkmokk and camp site you probably won't need any snowshoes.

If we are heading out into open country, for example across the lake in deep fresh snow your long shoes will have a clear advantage over anything we have to use.

If you are heading into wooded country then the shorter military or modern type snowshoes will be a lot more manoeuvrable.

is there any chance you could take some closeups of the leather binding arrangement on your snow shoes?
i would love to have a wack making a pair for this winter, and thoose look just like i would like to have myself

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE