buffalo horn - bit of advice needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo....there you go m8....they do in left or right thread...i got both to avoid extra messing about changing mops etc

and these people do all the mops 280943244843 ....i use three....all 6" diameters.....and i use grey compound on the sisal/rough.....green on the medium/colour stitch and soft/'g' loose fold....and they do pigtails too....280794070270....and a compound kit like this.....300581600455

that should just about sort you....as for being 'tight'....understandable....this stuff will last you ages....and achieve an awful lot....in a fraction of time....

also....every craftsman has a different way of achieving polishing....some just sand thru all the grits....some oil...some use compound...some use scotchbrite mops....some coloured, some plain etc etc....this has a million permutations...and theres tons of diif compounds....

basically you need pigtails....3 mops rough to soft...3 compounds to go with them...email seller if you need help....or drop me a line or any of the knifemakers on here obviousy know what theyre on about...

regards

a

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
yo....there you go m8....they do in left or right thread...i got both to avoid extra messing about changing mops etc

and these people do all the mops 280943244843 ....i use three....all 6" diameters.....and i use grey compound on the sisal/rough.....green on the medium/colour stitch and soft/'g' loose fold....and they do pigtails too....280794070270....and a compound kit like this.....300581600455

that should just about sort you....as for being 'tight'....understandable....this stuff will last you ages....and achieve an awful lot....in a fraction of time....

also....every craftsman has a different way of achieving polishing....some just sand thru all the grits....some oil...some use compound...some use scotchbrite mops....some coloured, some plain etc etc....this has a million permutations...and theres tons of diif compounds....

basically you need pigtails....3 mops rough to soft...3 compounds to go with them...email seller if you need help....or drop me a line or any of the knifemakers on here obviousy know what theyre on about...

regards

a
Are they links Sonni? If they are they don't work for me.:)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire

they're the listing codes for e-bay, just search for the code (the long numbers in Angst's post) and it takes you to the items.

thanks for that Angst. you're completely right about the tight/longevity equation, if i was looking at buying a tool just to do this job then the mops wouldn't even be on the cards, but it's one of those tools that i know i'll use loads.........although i'm sure i'll miss all those evenings cuddled up on the sofa with some 1200grit and a tube of autosol, i doubt that SWMBLT will :eek:

cheers

stuart

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo....ebay item numbers bob....yup stu i'd say its more than worth it....for 40 quid youre sorted....seriously i'm still using most of the first wave of items i bought a year ago....and as you know i make a lot of stuff....not a single item is more than half used....and you wait till the first time you hit that b/horn with the sisal and grey cutting compound....go straight from a rough hand sand with 150-ish grit paper to the sisal...and see the gleam within seconds....trust me youll be smiling...

a

Last edited:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
yo....ebay item numbers bob....yup stu i'd say its more than worth it....for 40 quid youre sorted....seriously i'm still using most of the first wave of items i bought a year ago....and as you know i make a lot of stuff....not a single item is more than half used....and you wait till the first time you hit that b/horn with the sisal and grey cutting compound....go straight from a rough hand sand with 150-ish grit paper to the sisal...and see the gleam within seconds....trust me youll be smiling...

a

you ever considered a job in sales? :D

you've talked me into it, i'll get them ordered the next time that paypal funds let me

cheers

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE