Buff, shemagh, bandana and other which do you own

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Which do you own and value most

• Buff

Votes: 115 42.8%
  • Shemagh

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • Bandana

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • Other fabric variation

Votes: 18 6.7%

• Total voters

Oarsnpaddle

Forager
May 24, 2010
Greater Copenhagen
I have one those "neck gaiters". It's thin merino - a bit thinner than Icebreaker's version but much longer. I use that a lot, although the colour is a bit pale brown (ew!)

Second tier is my merino bandanna from Icebreaker. I use that a lot, but mostly when it's really hot in summer. This one is red :D

Last edited:

iamasmith

Forager
Aug 12, 2009
London
I think the pic answers that one. Marvellous for the regions it originated in, light weight, you get a cool breeze through it and it can keep the dust out of your nose and mouth.

Also got bandanas though :)

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
ii carry a shemagh, and a buff too,..

the shemagh is my pillow, towel, hat, scarf, filter, bag, tinder, its a cheapo and getting ragged but for a fiver i,ll just get another,..

Bluemerle

Nomad
Nov 6, 2010
Essex
Buffs and shemagh. bought the shemaghs in Wadi Rum, was wearing them back here long before they became a fashion item. nearly always a Buff in my pocket.

iotarho

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2009
Tunbridge Wells
Buff and shemagh, however I was just convinced by a friend having one...the beardowear! This will be mainly for skiing and winter climbing, so I take no responsibility for people looking like pillocks walking around town with a knitted beard.

Oarsnpaddle

Forager
May 24, 2010
Greater Copenhagen
I just looked it up (because it annoyed me I didn't know):
The "neck gaitor" made from merino I have is a Buff. I was quite surprised as I thought Buffs was only made from man made materials.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I use a Buff in the summer as a bandana to control sweat when I'm working (It gets to 50c and 100%rh sometimes)
I also have shemaghs and sweat rags (both US and UK issue) for the same reason
I don't leave home without one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE