Budget EDC knife for the BOB

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Am overhauling the contents of my bug out bag, and would like to put a knife in it. I'm looking for a knife that is legal for EDC, costs less than a tenner, and yet is still usable for simple survival tasks.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

J

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Unfortunately a couple of quid more than a tenner, but that Svord mini peasant is a capable EDC knife.

I have the mini peasant as my current EDC, the lever bit you use to open/close it is big enough to make it not fit in the BOB container.

Thanks

J

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Save up. If you need a BoB you will be judging tools on quality, not price. As a minimum keep your eye open for a second hand SAK (Camper, Huntsman or the like). You should be able to get one for around £20.

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
I like the Spyderco Bug - solid sharp and relatively light. I also like the Victorinox's for around that price. Another option is to go über cheap and get a silver line or rolson multitool - small blades though.

Most cheap single blade knives would do the job though, right?
Cheers
Tim

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
i agree with red up your budget to £20-30 range and get yourself a good quality pen knife i carry a few not in BOB but everyday i wouldn't want a cheap toy that breaks when i need it. i have a SAK, svord peasant mini and more recently a leatherman squirt all legal EDC and with great construction that i believe i can trust. I use a pen knife as my main blades now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE