Budget EDC knife for the BOB

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Seing that old army knife has reminded me that my dad has his dads from when he served in the marines during the war, must get him to dig it out.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I'd opt for one of corso's segestions rough rider knives really are great for the money and there variety of models is Awsome, I wish some of the better makes would copy some of there styles and range

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
The saw on the GAK is nowhere near as good as the ones on the ordinary SAK knives. I'd suggest trawling the carboot sales, last year I picked up a Swiss Champ in good condition for £8, all it needed was a new pair of scales, which an email to Burton McCall got free of charge under the victorinox lifetime warranty.

Dave

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
If I was "bugging out" it'd most likely be because my life or liberty were threatened, either way I wouldn't be worried about the law.

That assumes that the Bug Out Bag is only being carried outside the house when bugging out. There will be times when I will be dropping it in my hangbag and carrying it with me when not in a bug out situation.

Right now, the Opinel looks the best option, as it was second option to my svord peasant mini when I got that.

J

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
There will be times when I will be dropping it in my hangbag and carrying it with me when not in a bug out situation.

An Opinel gets my vote as best blade for your buck, describing them as wickedly sharp is an understatement and are more than capable of slicing seatbelts or butchering small game with ease. Available in many colours except black.

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/s...el-trekking-knife-multi-coloured-1004757.html
COLOUR-OPINEL.jpg

smojo

Forager
Jan 19, 2014
West Yorkshire
I'm in the same situation too, making a small BoB for the car. I'd go for the GAK knife as it has all the other functions as well as the knife. I have a Leatherman which I always had on my belt when I was working. It was so incredibly useful but as it's worth about £100 I'm not gonna leave it in the car but for a tenner the GAK get's my vote, in fact I'm gonna send for one right now. Thanks for the useful thread everyone.

smojo

Forager
Jan 19, 2014
West Yorkshire
I'm in the same situation too, making a small BoB for the car. I'd go for the GAK knife as it has all the other functions as well as the knife. I have a Leatherman which I always had on my belt when I was working. It was so incredibly useful but as it's worth about £100 I'm not gonna leave it in the car but for a tenner the GAK get's my vote, in fact I'm gonna send for one right now. Thanks for the useful thread everyone.

Posted twice for some reason - sorry

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE