budget axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
One of mine is the Husqvarna, pretty good for medium sized work but not great for carving. Id base your final decision on both size and cost

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Yes but a quality one will usually have better design, hold an edge better, and the head and handle will be attached to each other longer. Also those cheap axes have laquer on the handle and give you blisters.

Shovel

Forager
Jul 12, 2012
Wherever I choose to live.
Condor Woodworker of Condor greenland hatchet. Great reviews for both of them, seem to be good quality. I like them because they have a longer handle than the husqvarna. Fiskars lines are good too.

Last edited:

ED-E

May 22, 2012
Germany
I had a few Axes from Wetterlings and one from Husqvarna.. I still have a GB SFA and a Fiskars X7. If you're tight on budget or simply don't want to spend much money on an Axe, I can totally recommend the Fiskars X Series.

little_leaf177

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2011
Liverpeewwll
I've had 3 wetterlings axes.
First was a small hand axe which I got years ago from attelborough accesories for £15.00
So then that got robbed on a scout camp
Then I got the same style axe from springfields at the bushcraft show @ windemere for £18.90
And this year I got the wetterlings forest axe for £50 with a free stone from bushcraft store from bushcraft show this year

Far better value than gransfors IMHO.

Regards
Leaf177

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE