bucks bushcraft group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
If you've been missed add to the list :) Updated 23rd Sept

1. Jason
2. Silverback
3. Aaron
4. Pitkin
5. Litefoot
6. Bootstrap bob
7. Swyn
8. Rod
9. Lupus
10. 3Please
11. Stick
12. Pablo
13. Paul W

Ben1 (possibly daytime only)
Ratel10mm (to be confirmed)
Sandsnakes (to be confirmed)

I am happy to do some more rabbit skinning and jointing demos if anyone fancies a go. Let me know and I will bring some along (if you want to take em home you will also need to bring something to keep them in ziplock bag, sealed container etc.). This is potentially going to be a fairly large meet so I need figures ASAP please people :)

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
I am happy to do some more rabbit skinning and jointing demos if anyone fancies a go. Let me know and I will bring some along

Sounds good to me, it's been a while since I preped a rabbit, a refresher would be good.

If anyone is interested I was going to bring some ingredients and make bannock to share around (maybe have ago yourself if you like). It only seems fair that I give something back in return :)

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Have fun guys, already away this weekend otherwise i'd have been there with bells and whistles on.

Rest of the winter is looking free so hopefully can make it up there for the next one. ;) :D

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Attendance list updated in my previous post :)

Please note after consultation with a few of the regular attendees we have agreed that on this occasion it will be ADULTS ONLY

Edit: Shot 7 bunnies last night which are now hanging in the chiller. I will skin, joint and freeze them on Sunday then shoot the remainder next Wednesday. Everything will be cooked on Friday to bring along Saturday :) . I will try and bring five for skinning and jointing demos

Cheers Dave

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
hartley.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Just a quick update and a bit of clarification on a few issues associated with the next meet.

On this particular occasion we have requested ADULTS ONLY the reasoning behind this decision is because we are mindful that there is a large contingent of males (there are no ladies on this occasion although they are of course welcome) coming along and inevitably at some point the vocabulary is likely to include a few words not currently or indeed likely to be taught in our kids schools. The last thing we want is to offend anyone as a result of an accidental slip of the tongue so we thought it best to remove the risk on this occasion completely. There will be meets in the future which will include family participation and will be fully indentified as such. I hope this clarifies the thought process :)

There will be a charge for the weekend of £7 per night (Fri or Sat) or £12 for the weekend (Fri and Sat) This will go towards the upkeep of the facilities, Site Insurance and Bucks Bushcraft kitty for the purchase of items to enhance the experience (Parachute, dutch oven, cooking tripod etc.) The saturday evening meal of Rabbit stew with dumplings and fluffy mash (rabbit cooked in cider, honey, etc. then sauce prepared from stock with cream and wholegrain mustard yum yum!) will be included in this cost so IMO I think this is a pretty good deal

The current confirmed attendance is 14 with 2 to be confirmed. All those wishing to attend must confirm by Wednesday at 12 noon or they will not be catered for on Saturday evening (I shoot the bunnies on a Wednesday night). I will be bringing along furred but gutted rabbits for skinning and jointing demos so also register your interest if you want to have a go and bring a container to take your efforts home with you for the pot

I think that's about it for now but please do not hesitate to pm myself or Jason if you require more info.

I will try and get a grid ref and some standard instructions sorted for those that have not been to the site before but for obvious reasons can only forward these via pm.

Regards

Dave (Silverback)

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Guys

I'm really sorry and disappointed to say that I can't make it. Seriously gutted as I hadn't been to this group, meet or site before. Its a mate's birthday on the Saturday and I promied I'd be there, it lasts all day so I can't even do just Friday night. I'm going to try and come along on Sunday depending on a couple of things.

Sorry once again, very gutted. If only it was this weekend! I'd love to come to the next one and again will try for Sunday (day)

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Dave/Jason,

To confirm PaulW and Pablo will be there. Any arrangements for dosh or is it pay when we get there? Can I have a go at bunny skinning please although I don't need to take it home.

See you there.

Pablo.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Guys

I'm really and disappointed to say that I can't make it. Seriously gutted as I hadn't been to this group, meet or site before. Its a mate's birthday on the Saturday and I promied I'd be there, it lasts all day so I can't even do just Friday night. I'm going to try and come along on Sunday depending on a couple of things.

once again, very gutted. If only it was this weekend! I'd love to come to the next one and again will try for Sunday (day)
Thats a shame:(

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Dave/Jason,

To confirm PaulW and Pablo will be there. Any arrangements for dosh or is it pay when we get there? Can I have a go at bunny skinning please although I don't need to take it home.

See you there.

Pablo.
No problem Pablo and you can pay when you get there mate :)

Original list amended (Post No. 382) last amendment will be Wednesday at noon so please make sure you are on the list or you will not be catered for on Saturday (if anyone knows someone who is not likley to check back into the forum but intends to come along please let myself or Jason know)

Cheers Dave

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
The current confirmed attendance is 14 with 2 to be confirmed. All those wishing to attend must confirm by Wednesday at 12 noon or they will not be catered for on Saturday evening (I shoot the bunnies on a Wednesday night). I will be bringing along furred but gutted rabbits for skinning and jointing demos so also register your interest if you want to have a go and bring a container to take your efforts home with you for the pot

Dave
Planning to be there Saturday morning. As previously indicated I'm interested in a refresher on the rabbit prep.
Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE