Brunton Vapor AF

EdS

one for our American friends really.

I'm after replacing a box full of stoves with 1 that does it all - liquid and gas.

I was about to get (well save for) a Primus Omnifuel and found as cheap source of these:

http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=428

Has anyone used them? How do they compare with the Primus? Guess quality should be OK as they are part of the Primus/Optimus group.

I was wondering if they main working heart of it was the same as the Primus with differnent stand etc.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Don't own one, and after talking to a couple of fellow stove collectors, don't want one. Problems in general were build quality and overall performance, plus a worry about spares in the future

If you shop around, you can pick up an Omnifuel cheap from the states around < £60 plus shipping, even if you get zapped with tax its still cheaper than UK prices

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRIMUS-OMNI-MUL...ryZ87136QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
is about £70 delivered

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Ed, remember, you can mount the Omnifuel in a Trangia 25 or 27, the perfect winter cooker setup if you are away from an open fire:cool:

EdS

Got rid of the Trangia years ago.

I do how ever have a large chocolate tin that it could sit in - easy enough to put a few air holes and bars as pan supports. Should make it possible to "simmer" 2 pans at once as well. Although the flow control on the bottle rathe than the stove (as the mulitfuel has ) might be better for this.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Ed, reconsider the Trangia, even the Lidl clones have holes pre-cut to take a Nova/Omni setup. I'll take either an Omni or a Nova with me on the 30th, but comes the February camp it will be a Nova/Trangia. As much as I love cooking on an open fire, when the weather is cold its nice to sit in the doorway of the Hex and boil water fast for a brew and some oats:cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE