Bronze age settlement in Peterborough

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Not a bad idea, trying to reincarnate as a fish in next life...
Fish are below on the ladder, so I would need to start being a bad boy.. Ladies, drink, maybe the odd herbal smoke...
Take an old ladies seat on the bus.....

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
100% correct.
In my next life I plan to get aducation and work as a Marine Archeo.

I have never been trained or educated as an archaeologist but interest, enthusiasm and contribution can get you involved with a lot of interesting projects.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I was a volunteer on digs in Sweden, the most famous one was a rare stone age camp that got exposed when they graded some land preparing for a road in northern Skåne.
I also helped a Uni friends wife ( "proper" archeologist) to explore and dig on their land in Sweden. She discovered a Bronze age small settlement plus a burial area while creating a veggie garden.
Which reminds me that she still has my vintage copy of Song of Roland....
Plus some digs in UK.

When I did my Nature walking in Sweden I kept my eyes open for archeology. Found the occacional stone in an unnatural position, plus lots of medieval/ post medieval house remains.
Sweden is quite poor in archeology, compared with UK.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE