Broken Opinel

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Yep, im looking for a broken Opinel No8, 9 or 10, im only after the blade for a small project im working on and it seems such a shame to buy a new knife, just to destroy it.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i know how you feel. i got a new one (#8) specifically for a little project i had in mind but quite simply can't bring myself to destroy a perfectly good knife just for the blade, maybe it's time to retire my old one................................................ but the patina's become so nice on that one!!!!!!!!!!
aaaaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I see 'em now and then at vide greniers (bootfairs) over here.

Want me to hook out some for future projects for people here? PM me if that's a yes. No pressure, I go to bootfairs anyway, it'll give me something to keep my eyes open for.

ooooh the french car boot man (that'd be the car boots that are french (citroens maybe), not the man, i think his worst crime is being a southerner, (which is a bit like being french, just without the without the romance), but i'm sure we won't hold it against him). never thought of you biker (that could be because i've been drinking; see above) as a source of opinels, but now i have the possibilities are mind boggling. i think that kepis should have first dibs on 'owt you find seeing as how it's his thread, but after that could i jump all over this generous offer please.

ta

stuart

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers for the offer Biker, im only after the blade though, if you should see one then brilliant, but dont go out of your way for it, if others want to chip in then fill yer boots chaps

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Kepis,

Does it have to be an opinel blade? I've got the blade from an old victorinox executive laying about you'd be very welcome to have if it would do for what you want. It's about 1 1/2" long, about 3/8" deep and usual slip joint geometry at the "blunt end".

Dave

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Kepis,

Does it have to be an opinel blade? I've got the blade from an old victorinox executive laying about you'd be very welcome to have if it would do for what you want. It's about 1 1/2" long, about 3/8" deep and usual slip joint geometry at the "blunt end".

Dave

Thanks for the offer Dave, really appreciate it, afraid it does have to be an Opinel though.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
To: Whoever it was who sent me an Opinel No8 free gratis - thanks a million, it's just the ticket, can you let me know who you are though as there was nothing in the packet to say who sent it.

Thanks for the offers of help chaps, appreciated

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE