Broken LED AA maglite

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
Well as the title says my maglite is broken, it works but flickers all the time and sometimes goes out, im fairly sure its not the batteries as it works when you hit it and ive only had it since christmas and havent hardly used it, i took it apart to have a look and the only thing i can see is that the led can be pushed with its plastic casing into the metal case a bit but it springs back into place (get me?) also it seems to be missing a lens, not sure if the LED versions have them or not.
anything i can do ? anything one of you lot could do for a bit of cash, if its a tricky job ? i know i could send it back but i'd rather not send it away to america
leon

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
New Iberia, Louisiana USA
I know on one of my maglites the batteries corroded inside and I had to take it apart completely, clean everything, all the contacts including the spring before it would work again. There has to be a bad connection somewhere for it to work now and then. You might try cleaning the switch if you can get to it.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i will take it apart as far as i can and clean every connection in sight
leon

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I had a similar problem to this, in the end I put the original tail cap back on (the one without the switch) and it did the job. If you are getting a bad contact then the switch would be the first place to start IMO.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i cant get to the switch, i dont know how to get the switch/LED section out ???
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE