Broken handle :( need help :(

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
2u8eqatu.jpg
6uhygy9u.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looks like it's coming away from the tang as well so really the only option is to get someone to fit new scales if you don't feel up to the task yourself.

Any of the makers on here would be able to help you out

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
hunt down some scales or make your own and re handle it fella . nice little project and you can pick some awesome new scales

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Thanks guys' feeling brave so mite have ago at making new scales :/ i will keep u all up to date with it :)

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Its a copy of the woodlore' had for years' but not from new' so not sure of wot wood the scales are? :/

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Yes with linseed oil... use it on my axe too and other knives :) the knife must knocked hard at somepoint?

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
If you want to bodge it put moulding clay/playdoe stuff to make a dam around the crack... so it will hold liquid, pour in resin or something like Arialdite let it set then snad it down... OK not a brill fix but doable for a quicky...

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
If you want to bodge it put moulding clay/playdoe stuff to make a dam around the crack... so it will hold liquid, pour in resin or something like Arialdite let it set then snad it down... OK not a brill fix but doable for a quicky...

Was thinking of doin sumthin like that' but fort sod it lets have a go at new scales.. eeek lol i will post pics ov the mess i will end up makin lol :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE